Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

Kia Forte Price Analytics

About Kia Forte

Auto blog

2017 Kia Cadenza First Drive

Mon, Aug 29 2016

"Garbanzo? Costanza? Credenza?" I can't tell if the guy at the bakery is trying to be funny or if he's genuinely forgetting the name of the car – I've told him twice; it's the 2017 Kia Cadenza. But you know, maybe the miscommunication is just fine. Like the Cadenza itself. It's fine. You shouldn't read that negatively. Every now and then in this job, you drive a car and simply come away thinking, "it was fine." And if you're building a car in this particular segment, that's practically the response you hope to elicit. A comfortable jack-of-all-trades at a price that isn't going to bankrupt the owner. Consider the Cadenza's competition: Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, Chevrolet Impala, Buick LaCrosse. These aren't groundbreaking luxury vehicles, masters of utility or fuel economy, or Nurburgring-smashing sports sedans; they're... fine. You almost feel bad saying it – from a very reasonable angle it's a great segment, populated with cars offering a lot of the same equipment and a little more bang for the buck than a full-on luxury sedan, and tending to be roomier, too. And yet it's that dilution of dedicated purpose that keeps these models stagnant in showrooms compared to the more luxurious – and certainly to the more economical. It's hard to raise an eyebrow here. So it goes with the Cadenza. Despite looking a heck of a lot like the previous car, the new Cadenza has been reworked significantly – the use of high-strength steel has doubled, to over 50 percent; the use of hot-stamped steel has tripled; the doors are 16 percent more dent-resistant; the chassis has 35 percent greater torsional rigidity; there's a new subframe (similar to that of the Optima); the front windows are now laminated and there's 13 percent more sound insulation in the A-pillars; there's a full underbody cover and wheel air curtains; it has a new eight-speed transmission – developed in-house; there are 40 fewer pounds of unsprung weight thanks to aluminum parts; the brakes are bigger; and there's a bevy of upscale tech features – but we lost you halfway through that paragraph. The styling is a little sharper than the outgoing model's – it's not going to blow your pants off, but it's hardly a bad-looking car. The updated design features Kia's now-trademark quad-LED setup within the lower front grilles, and the main grille is a concave affair – base models get a "Diamond Butterfly" insert you know from other Kia models, and higher-end Cadenzas get "Intaglio" vertical slats.

The Kia Rio has never looked this good

Wed, Aug 24 2016

The word "Rio" immediately conjures images of the Olympics, which ended just days ago. But recalibrate your brain. It's Kia's best-selling model around the world and it will be revealed in September at the Paris Motor Show. The fourth-generation Rio gets a fresh look inside and out. It has a longer wheelbase with a longer hood and front overhang, which Kia says is meant to convey confidence. The sketches released today look similar to the current generation – as we'd expect – but Kia designers dressed it up with a fancier front end and "straight lines and smooth surfacing" which is evident on the sides. Kia also touts the new Rio's safety, connectivity, and improved handling, though it didn't specify the features. You can compare the sketches with the spy shots of a Rio caught running around this week. Rumors also suggest a hotter Rio GT hatch could arrive for 2018. The sketches show the hatchback variant. Kia also sells the Rio as a sedan in the US market. Globally, the Korean automaker moved more than 473,000 Rios last year, and the new model will launch production near the end of this year for Europe. Timing for launches in other markets was not announced. Despite low fuel prices and consumer demand for crossovers, Rio sales have inched up slightly this year to 18,699 units, 1,637 ahead of last year's pace through July. Much of those gains came last month, when Kia sold 1,104 more Rios than it did in July 2015. The Rio was last updated in the US market for the 2016 model year. Related Video:

NHTSA investigating 8 million airbags not made by Takata

Thu, Aug 4 2016

In a shocking turn of events, we have a line of airbags under investigation that weren't made by Takata. Rather, Automotive News reports that 8,000,000 airbags made by ARC Automotive Inc. are under investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). According to Automotive News, NHTSA is looking into ARC's airbags after two injuries and a recent death were attributed to the company's products. The two injuries occurred first and prompted the initial inquiry of 490,000 airbags, which then expanded after an airbag from a different line caused the death of a Canadian driver. The airbags in question are found in GM, FCA, Hyundai and Kia products, and all automakers are cooperating with the investigation, Automotive News reports. It is also important to note that these airbags have not been recalled, as NHTSA is trying to determine the issue and whether a recall is necessary. NHTSA also told the news outlet that the ARC inflators use a different design than those from Takata, instead using some pressurized gas and an ammonium nitrate charge. While the design may be different, the Takata inflators also used ammonium nitrate propellant, which other manufacturers have avoided. We will be watching this situation closely to see what develops. Here's hoping – for our collective safety and sanity – that we won't have to go through another airbag crisis like with the Takata recall. Related Video: News Source: Automotive NewsImage Credit: Shutterstock Government/Legal Hyundai Kia Safety FCA airbag fiat chrysler automobiles

Tesla exec calls rival EVs 'little more than appliances'

Wed, Aug 3 2016

Tesla's Vice President of Business Development Diarmuid O'Connell called the company's competition "little more than appliances" at the Center for Automotive Research's Management Briefing Seminars in Traverse City, MI yesterday. "In essence, [mainstream automakers] delivered little more than appliances," O' Connell said. "Now, appliances are useful. But they tend to be white. They tend to be unemotional." According to Automotive News, O'Connell's main critique is that vehicles like the Nissan Leaf and BMW i3 don't deliver enough performance or range to draw the attention of consumers outside of a small group. The solution, in O'Connell's mind, is more power, more range, more excitement and a lower price – that last point is particularly rich coming from an automaker whose cheapest current offering, the Model S 60, costs $66,000 – although the cheaper Model 3 is on the horizon, way out there, somewhere. But some EVs are better than none, O'Connell added. "On balance, I'm happier that [traditional automakers are] doing these cars than not," O'Connell said. "I just wish they would do them better and faster." O'Connell also used his appearance at the Management Briefing Seminars to launch a volley at the Michigan legislature, blaming its opposition to Tesla's direct-sales model for the lack of available EVs in the Wolverine State. "I think if the Michigan Legislature would allow Tesla to sell cars in Michigan, we could probably address [the lack of available electric cars]," O'Connell said. Related Video:

Hyundai predicts 250-mile electric vehicle by 2020

Wed, Jul 13 2016

Hyundai will start selling a battery-electric version of its Ioniq in the US later this year, but the company is ready for much more. Hyundai is forecasting having an EV with a 250-mile single-charge range by the end of the decade. Hyundai executive Ahn Byung-ki told Automotive News that, while electric-vehicle technology development has been steady during the past six years, it will accelerate during the next two. Think of it as the "hockey stick" effect, but for South Korean automakers instead of Silicon Valley tech giants or Canadian hockey players. The Ioniq, which will also get plug-in and hybrid variants, will have a single-charge range of 110 miles when the EV version arrives in November. After that, Hyundai and its Kia and Genesis sister companies may develop a 200-mile range EV for 2018, and then that 250-mile-range car for 2020. Byung-ki isn't concerned that the Ioniq will quickly be outdated because the longer-range vehicles will also be priced higher. The Hyundai executive also said the company had no plans to take on Tesla Motors in the luxury EV market. The Ioniq EV was unveiled at the New York Auto Show this past March. A hybrid version of that sedan debuted in South Korea in January, while the EV went on sale in South Korea last month. Overall, Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis are planning to introduce 10 hybrids, eight EVs, eight plug-in hybrids, and two hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles by the end of the decade. The Hyundai group's only electric vehicle currently sold in the US is the Kia Soul EV, which has a single-charge range of 93 miles as well as some dancing hamsters in its commercials. Neither the Tesla Model 3 nor the Chevrolet Bolt can make that second claim. Related Video:

2017 North American Car, Truck, and Utility of the Year entries announced

Wed, Jul 6 2016

Over 40 vehicles will compete for the 2017 North American Car, Truck, and Utility of the Year awards. If that name looks a little strange, it's because the competition added a third category. In years past, pickup trucks, crossovers, SUVs, commercial vans, and minivans competed for the same award. That's why there were occasionally weird comparisons, like last year's competition between the Volvo XC90 and Nissan Titan XD. The new format separates pickups and commercial vans into the truck contest and CUVs, SUVs, and minivans into the utility competition. A complete list of eligible vehicles is below, but here are a few highlights. For one, the entire list of entries has a luxurious lean. Of the 43 vehicles, nearly half of them are from premium brands. There are two eligible Bentleys – the Bentayga and Mulsanne – the Rolls-Royce Dawn, Jaguar F-Pace, Audi Q7, and the Mercedes-Benz GLS-, E-, and S-Class Maybach. The performance ranks are lofty, too, with the Audi R8, Acura NSX, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Mercedes SL- and SLC-Class, Porsche 718, and F-150 Raptor. The mainstream entries are just as comprehensive. From the Chrysler Pacifica to the Chevrolet Cruze to the Fiat 124 Spider to the Mitsubishi Mirage, NACTOY has covered an enormous price range with this year's contestants. Of course, these are only the eligible vehicles. They'll need to run through three rounds of judging, starting in September at NACTOY's traditional Hell, MI, test drive. The Canadian and American journalists involved in the judging will announce this year's nine finalists – three in each category – on December 6. Cars Acura NSX Alfa Romeo Giulia Audi A4 Audi R8 Bentley Mulsanne Buick Cascada Buick LaCrosse Cadillac CT6 Chevrolet Bolt Chevrolet Cruze Fiat 124 Genesis G90 Hyundai Elantra Infiniti Q60 Jaguar XE Kia Cadenza Lincoln Continental Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan Mercedes-Benz S550 Maybach Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class Mini Clubman Mitsubishi Mirage/G4 Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman Rolls-Royce Dawn Toyota Prius Prime Volvo S90 SUVs Audi Q7 Bentley Bentayga Buick Envision Cadillac XT5 Chrysler Pacifica GMC Acadia Infiniti QX30 Kia Sportage Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class Jaguar F-Pace Mazda CX-9 Nissan Armada Trucks Ford F-Series Super Duty pickups Ford F-150 Raptor Honda Ridgeline Nissan Titan half-ton Related Video: Featured Gallery Bentley Bentayga View 23 Photos News Source: Automotive News - sub.

Kia recalls 98,000 Sedona minivans for suspension corrosion

Sat, Jun 18 2016

The Basics: Kia is recalling 97,884 Sedona minivans built between June 15, 2005, and Aug. 12, 2012 over potential corrosion of front lower control arms. This is the second time Kia has recalled Sedona vans of this era for suspension corrosion issues. It's also worth noting that the Korean automaker is also recalling certain Sedona models over hood latches that could corrode. The Problem: Vehicles registered in any of the 27 states that use salt to de-ice roadways (see the complete list below) could have prematurely worn suspension components that vibrate or even break. That, as you can imagine, could lead to an accident. Injuries/Deaths: None reported. The Fix: Dealers will inspect and, if needed, replace the minivan's front control arms. Additional anti-corrosion coatings will be applied to keep this problem from happening again. Owners should expect a notice around July 25. If you own one: You can contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542 (Kia's number for this recall is SC133), or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 for more information. Related Video: RECALL Subject : Front Lower Control Arm Corrosion Report Receipt Date: JUN 01, 2016 NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V387000 Component(s): SUSPENSION Manufacturer: Kia Motors America SUMMARY: Kia Motors Corporation (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2006-2012 Kia Sedona vehicles manufactured from June 15, 2005, through August 14, 2012 and originally sold in, or currently registered in Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. In the affected vehicles, the front lower control arms may break due to corrosion from salt water exposure such as from road salt use. CONSEQUENCE: A broken control arm can result in the loss of control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. REMEDY: Kia will notify owners and dealers will replace the front lower control arms on 2006-2007 models. 2008-2012 models will either have their front lower control arms replaced or additional anti-corrosion coating will be applied. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to began on July 25, 2016. Owners may contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC133.

Kia GT Spied | Autoblog Minute

Wed, Jun 15 2016

Four door sport sedan spied in Germany. This looks to be a rear-wheel four door drive performance sedan closely based on the GT concept. Kia Autoblog Minute Videos Original Video autos kia gt sports sedan

Kia prepping Provo-inspired Mazda CX-3 challenger for 2017

Tue, Jun 14 2016

Kia will be joining the fray in the sub-compact crossover segment, Australia's Motoring reports. The company could introduce a challenger to the Mazda CX-3, Jeep Renegade, Honda HR-V, and Toyota C-HR as early as this year's Los Angeles Auto Show. Kia Australia COO Damien Meredith told Motoring the new CUV will ride on the same platform as the redesigned Rio, and Kia will build the two compacts alongside each other, in South Korea. Kia hasn't gotten so far as naming the new crossover – at least it's not as far as wanting to publish a name – but it should draw inspiration from the Provo Concept the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. But it's tough to predict what that means. The Provo is, after all, a small hatchback. If Meredith came out and said it'd inspire the next Rio, it'd be an easier pill to swallow, but converting such an aggressive vehicle to CUV duty while retaining the overall look could be a challenge. That said, Kia's designs have become increasingly extroverted over the past several years – we can't wait to see what Peter Schreyer and his team come up with. According to Motoring, the Rio-based CUV could hit the market in the third quarter of 2017, which would put it several months behind the redesigned Rio. While that applies to the Australian market, a debut at Los Angeles or even in January 2017 at Detroit could lead to a similar timeline for a US on-sale date. Related Video:

Kia Sedona and Hyundai Tucson recalled for hood latches

Tue, Jun 14 2016

The Basics: Hyundai and is Kia division have issued two recall notices, both for similar issues. The larger of the two affects 219,800 units of the 2006-2014 Kia Sedona minivan built between June 15, 2005, and April 04, 2014. The second relates to 81,000 examples of the 2016 Tucson crossover manufactured from May 19, 2015, to March 14, 2016. The Problem: In both cases, the secondary hood latch may not properly secure the hood in place and keep it from opening while under way. Injuries/Deaths: None reported. The fix: Dealers will replace the secondary hood latch, or in the Sedona's case, maybe just clean and lubricate the latch, as needed. Both campaigns are set to begin next month. If you own one: Make sure you don't accidentally release the primary hood latch while driving or the secondary latch may not do its job. Related Video: RECALL Subject : Secondary Hood Latch may Bind and not Latch Report Receipt Date: JUN 01, 2016 NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V389000 Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES Potential Number of Units Affected: 219,800 Manufacturer: Kia Motors America SUMMARY: Kia Motors Corporation (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2006-2014 Kia Sedona vehicles manufactured from June 15, 2005, through April 04, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed. CONSEQUENCE: If the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. REMEDY: Kia will notify owners and dealers will replace the secondary hood latch or clean and lubricate the latch, depending on the vehicle's location and the condition of the latch. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on July 25, 2016. Owners may contact Kia at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's recall number is SC134. NOTES: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. ## RECALL Subject : Secondary Hood Latch may Disengage Report Receipt Date: MAY 24, 2016 NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V348000 Component(s): LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES Potential Number of Units Affected: 81,000 Manufacturer: Hyundai Motor America SUMMARY: Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2016 Tucson vehicles manufactured May 19, 2015 to March 14, 2016.