Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

03 Mitsubishi Galant Es on 2040-cars

Year:2003 Mileage:175784
Location:

Advertising:

Auto blog

Good news, everyone! Updated Mitsubishi Mirage coming in 2017

Sat, Aug 22 2015

If you think you see a 2016 Mitsubishi Mirage, it's a mirage. That's because the dreadful subcompact is going away for the new model year. But don't worry, the Mirage will make a triumphant return with a few updates. According to Car and Driver, an updated Mirage will launch early in the 2017 model year with powertrain and chassis enhancements. That's a good thing, considering how poorly the current car has been received. Also coming for 2017 is the Mirage sedan, a car that's already sold in other markets. Mitsubishi already confirmed the sedan's arrival, and considering how popular the base Nissan Versa sedan is, this should only improve the Mirage's sales here in the US. Speaking of sales, the Mirage isn't doing too bad in our market. It's the second-best-selling Mitsubishi product currently, beating the Outlander and Lancer through July of this year. An updated version and a sedan model will help, too. And hey, maybe this refreshed one won't be so dreary.

Mitsubishi recalling 2013 Outlander Sport for suspension issue

Mon, 22 Jul 2013

Just 305 units of the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport are the subject of a recall over a potential suspension issue. Crossovers made from January 17-25 of this year might suffer from a bad weld on the front left strut's stabilizer link. If it fails, damage to the brake hose or tire could result, in turn making steering or braking control of the compact CUV more difficult.
When the recall begins, owners can take their Outlander Sports to Mitsubishi dealers for inspection and replacement of the strut assembly if necessary. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration bulletin below has more information.

Carlos Ghosn re-arrested and thrown back in jail [UPDATE]

Thu, Apr 4 2019

TOKYO — Tokyo prosecutors arrested Nissan's former chairman Carlos Ghosn on Thursday for a fourth time, on fresh allegations that cut short his brief time outside detention. Early in the morning, Ghosn was taken from his apartment in Tokyo to the prosecutors' office and then sent to the Tokyo Detention Center, the same facility where he spent more than three months following his arrest in November. He had been released on bail just a month earlier. It's unclear how long Ghosn may be detained under the latest arrest, which involves what prosecutors said was a new alleged crime. "My arrest this morning is outrageous and arbitrary," Ghosn said in a statement issued Thursday. "It is part of another attempt by some individuals at Nissan to silence me by misleading the prosecutors. Why arrest me except to try to break me? I will not be broken. I am innocent of the groundless charges and accusations against me." The prosecutors defended the move, saying the latest allegations are a new case requiring precautions to prevent Ghosn from destroying evidence. They allege $5 million in funds sent by a Nissan subsidiary to an overseas dealership were diverted to a company controlled by Ghosn. "We now have a totally different case, and we are only doing what we think is right," Shin Kukimoto, deputy chief prosecutor at the Tokyo District Prosecutor's Office, told reporters. "As a result of our investigation, we have a new case in which he must be detained, and we have appropriately obtained an arrest warrant from the court," he said. Ghosn, 65, was first arrested on Nov. 19 on charges of under-reporting his compensation. He was rearrested twice in December, including on breach of trust charges. The multiple arrests prolong detentions without trial and are an oft-criticized prosecution tactic in Japan's criminal justice system. The allegations in the most recent arrest cover three money transfers from 2015 through last year, according to the prosecutors. Kukimoto said the new allegation of breach of trust is different from an earlier charge made in January. The companies where the money was transferred to, the motives, and the alleged scheme are all different, he said. He refused to identify the three companies allegedly involved but said one company was in effect owned by Ghosn. Unlike an earlier case, in which Ghosn caused damage to Nissan to benefit himself and a business partner, this time it was merely "for his own personal benefit," Kukimoto said.