Award-winning, Restored 1963 Lincoln Continental Sedan on 2040-cars
College Station, Texas, United States
Body Type:Sedan
Vehicle Title:Clear
Engine:430
For Sale By:Private Seller
Number of Cylinders: 8
Make: Lincoln
Model: Continental
Trim: Sedan
Options: Leather Seats
Drive Type: Rear Wheel Drive
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
Mileage: 52,851
Exterior Color: Black
Number of Doors: 4
Interior Color: Gold
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Award-winning, beautifully restored Continental sedan. Show quality black paint, show-chromed bumpers, professionally polished stainless trim, new, correct "Pearl Gold Crinkle Leather" with gold piping (trim code 88), recovered door cards, new wood, new carpet and custom made mats and trunk kit from Jim Wallace at Leather Restorations.
Lincoln Continental for Sale
Two 1958 lincoln continental mk iii convertibles, 2 cars! one with factory a/c
1978 lincoln continental 7.5 big block(US $1,499.00)
1978 lincoln continental mk v - 890 original miles(US $37,500.00)
Lincoln continental mark v cartier(US $9,950.00)
1974 lincoln continental mark 4(US $4,750.00)
1979 lincoln continental 2 door coupe! fully loaded! super clean! must see!(US $3,000.00)
Auto Services in Texas
Z`s Auto & Muffler No 5 ★★★★★
Wright Touch Mobile Oil & Lube ★★★★★
Worwind Automotive Repair ★★★★★
V T Auto Repair ★★★★★
Tyler Ford ★★★★★
Triple A Autosale ★★★★★
Auto blog
Ford defends plan to shareholders: ‘We're simply reinventing the American car’
Fri, May 11 2018Ford's top executives took heat from shareholders over their plan to do away with sedans as we know them in Ford's North American lineup, as the company held its annual meeting Thursday. Critics said the plan to shelve the Fiesta, Focus and Taurus, reduce the Focus to one crossover model, and concentrate on high-margin trucks and SUVs was a shortsighted abandonment of entire market segments of affordable vehicles. "This doesn't mean we intend to lose those customers," Ford CEO Jim Hackett said. "We want to give them what they're telling us they really want. We're simply reinventing the American car." Ford has said SUVs/crossovers and pickups will constitute 90 percent of its North American lineup by 2020. And though only the Mustang and new Focus Active will remain, it plans to add new vehicles going forward that offer better fuel economy and utility, including EVs and hybrids. Hackett characterized the shift not as an abandonment of traditional cars but as a transformation of them. "We don't want anyone to think we're leaving anything," Hackett said. "We're just moving to a modern version. This is an exciting new generation of vehicles coming from Ford." It was Hackett's first annual meeting as CEO, and for the second year it was conducted online rather than in person. The change to Ford's lineup is part of Hackett's overall plan to cut $25.2 billion in costs by the year 2022. Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. blamed the negative reaction to the lineup plan on media coverage. "I wish the coverage had been a little different," he said. "If you got beyond the headline, you'll see we're adding to our product lineup and by 2020 we'll have the freshest showroom in the industry. The headlines look like Ford's retreating. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth." While Ford was clear about its plans for the Blue Oval, it has been less clear about the Lincoln brand. Hackett on Thursday said only that the Lincoln Continental, re-introduced just two years ago, would continue "through its life cycle" — but it has been such a slow seller that rumor has Ford killing the Continental again after that, and Hackett made no mention of a new generation. Presumably the MKZ sedan will go away when its twin the Ford Fusion does, but although Ford has outlined end dates for other models, the Fusion's departure is open-ended. The stock price has been a frustration for investors for years and has fallen 12 percent since the first of the year.
Lincoln poised to double MKZ Hybrid production
Thu, 18 Jul 2013The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid has been something of a hit for Ford since the beginning, exceeding the company's modest projected 15-percent take rate for more than two years (we say "modest" because that still means an overwhelming majority of Lincoln customers are passing up on the gas-electric powertrain even though it costs the same as the standard model). Either way, Lincoln builds 700 MKZ Hybrids at its plant in Mexico each month, but has sold 715 of them in each of the past three months. That's why, according to a report in The Detroit News, when the restyled 2014 MKZ Hybrid arrives (non-hybrid pictured), Ford is doubling production compared to 2013. Instead of the hybrid model being 20 percent of production, the new hybrid will make up 40 percent.
Ford is doing well with hybrids in general - its portion of the electrified vehicle segment jumping 12 points in a single year to 16 percent. Assuming Ford doesn't change the pricing strategy (along with the changes Ford is making to calibration to improve fuel economy), the sedan could continue to "[show] other luxury hybrids how it's done" when it goes on sale later this year.
NHTSA closes rollaway investigation into 1.56M Ford SUVs
Mon, 11 Mar 2013It's taken four years of study, but the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has finally closed the books on its investigation into rollaway accusations surrounding 1.56-million Ford SUV models.
The probe, which centered on the 2002-2005 Ford Explorer, 2002-2005 Mercury Mountaineer and 2003-2005 Lincoln Aviator, ends without the federal agency calling for a recall. According to The Detroit News, the investigation was closed due to a "low number of complaints" - NHTSA documented 180 such complaints that resulted in 14 crashes and six minor injuries, but the number of incidents have been slowing. The suspected defect rate for the trucks' automatic transmissions was found to be 4.4 per 100,000 units, and the brake-shift interlock mechanism failure rate was judged to be even lower at 3.4 per 100k.