1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible Barn Find Low Miles on 2040-cars
Dublin, Ohio, United States
Body Type:Convertible
Vehicle Title:Clear
Engine:big block 383
Fuel Type:Gasoline
For Sale By:Private Seller
Make: Chrysler
Model: Newport
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Trim: convertible
Power Options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
Drive Type: rear wheel drive
Mileage: 50,274
Exterior Color: Red
Disability Equipped: No
Interior Color: Black
Number of Doors: 2
Number of Cylinders: 8
1970 chrysler newport convertible has been sitting for over 20 years it is a project it had a engine fire at some point and damaged alot of under hood components needs restored has origional 383 2barrel engine and 727 trans this car does run and drive the trans shifts good and engine sounds real good for having old gas still in it the floors are solid as the trunk the frame is in good shape seats will need recovered back seat is fine no tears it has buckets with console and floor shift there were only 1124 converts made this year and 70 being the last year for newports the top is in very good shape and dont seem to leak as the floors and carpet is very dry and it has been sitting outside for a while before i got it previous owner lost storage thats how i came across it and he needed cash there is no hood for the car it was taken at some point and more than likley scrapped i do have another front bumper that goes with it and previous owner said he thinks he has the inner fenders not sure but if so they will be included in the sale also he has to look for them only spot of rust is over rear wheel opening that i found see pics never looked behind rear seat for a build sheet it could be there the car was gold and painted red at some point has parade boot still attached power top goes up and down like it should drives straight but brakes are weak and i didnt drive it very far it has 50274 miles showing on the odometer and the title reflect actual miles cant verify that myself as i did not buy it new most lights work some dont it is a restoration project it will drive on a trailer for hauling it is not road worthy at this time if you have any questions or would like to see the car in person which i encourage all buyers to do if possible please call 614 519-7813 8am till 9pm eastern standard time and i will help you any way i can this is a local pickup item but i will assist a shipper of your choice with loading thanks
Chrysler Newport for Sale
1965 chrysler two door hard top
1963 chrysler newport station wagon 4dr hard top barn find project hot rat rod(US $7,000.00)
1962 chrysler newport 4 dr(US $1,600.00)
1971 chrysler newport 2dr hardtop 440
1967 chrysler newport convertible(US $7,000.00)
Mopar muscle,classic colors, vin on engine & trans,mostly original, 6 passenger
Auto Services in Ohio
West Side Garage ★★★★★
Wally Armour Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram ★★★★★
Valvoline Instant Oil Change ★★★★★
Tucker Bros Auto Wrecking Co ★★★★★
Tire Discounters Inc ★★★★★
Terry`s Auto Service ★★★★★
Auto blog
New UAW boss Williams talks tough, vows 'no more concessions'
Sun, 08 Jun 2014Dennis Williams, the newly elected president of the UAW, had some tough words for American automakers in his inauguration speech at the 2014 UAW Convention, striking down the possibility of any additional concessions from the 400,000-strong union.
"No more concessions. We are tired of it. Enough is enough," Williams said during his speech. UAW employees have not received a raise in nearly 10 years, according to Reuters.
Considering the recent strong results for Ford, Chrysler and General Motors, the union's demands are likely to carry a bit more weight in next year's negotiations. And considering Williams' tough stance, we could be in for some fireworks once negotiations commence.
US prepares to sue Fiat Chrysler over diesel emissions testing
Thu, May 18 2017NEW YORK - The Justice Department plans to file a civil lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV over excess diesel emissions as early as this week if no agreement is reached with the Italian-American automaker, two sources briefed on the matter said on Wednesday. The Environmental Protection Agency in January accused FCA of illegally using undisclosed software to allow excess diesel emissions in about 104,000 cars and SUVs, the result of a probe that stemmed from regulators' investigation of rival Volkswagen AG. The EPA and California Air Resources Board have been in talks with FCA about the excess emissions and whether the agencies would approve the sale of 2017 FCA diesel models. A federal judge in California has set a May 24 hearing on a series of lawsuits filed by owners of vehicles against Fiat Chrysler and the Justice Department is expected to file its action by then if no agreement is reached. FCA said on Wednesday it believed that any litigation would be "counterproductive" to ongoing discussions with the EPA and California Air Resources Board. The company added that "in the case of any litigation, FCA US will defend itself vigorously, particularly against any claims that the company deliberately installed defeat devices to cheat U.S. emissions tests." The Justice Department took the same procedural step in early 2016 against Volkswagen, nearly four months after the German company admitted using software to emit excess diesel emissions in nearly 500,000 vehicles. The Justice Department has had an ongoing criminal investigation into FCA's conduct since last year, Reuters reported in January. The probe has turned up internal emails written in Italian and other documents about engine development and emissions issues, sources briefed on the probe said. U.S. regulators said FCA failed to disclose engine management software in 104,000 U.S. 2014-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks with 3.0-liter diesel engines. The European Commission has launched legal action against Italy for failing to respond to allegations of emission-test cheating by Fiat Chrysler in a procedure that could lead to the country being taken to court. The EPA has said the maximum possible fine against FCA could be $4.6 billion. In February, FCA said it had received requests for information and subpoenas from U.S. federal and state authorities, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, for diesel issues.
FCA issuing software update for 1.4M vehicles to prevent hacking
Fri, Jul 24 2015In the wake of a Jeep Cherokee being hacked remotely while on the road through its Uconnect infotainment system, FCA US is now issuing a software update for 1.4 million vehicles in the United States. Affected customers will receive a USB stick in the mail with the improved version; owners can check this website to see if their cars are affected. A large variety of models with FCA's 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system are affected. They include the 2015 Chrysler 200, 2015 Chrysler 300, 2015 Dodge Charger, and 2015 Dodge Challenger; 2013-2015 Dodge Viper; 2013-2015 Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500; 2013-2015 Ram 3500, 4500, and 5500 chassis cab; 2014-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee; and 2014-2015 Dodge Durango. According to FCA in its announcement, the new software "insulates connected vehicles from remote manipulation." As of July 23, the company also "fully tested and implemented within the cellular network" additional security to prevent access to many of a vehicle's systems. FCA US says that it's conducting this campaign out of an abundance of caution and disputes the notion that there's a defect with these vehicles. Beyond the demonstration of the hack in the Cherokee, the automaker says that it's unaware of any other reports of these attacks actually happening. Related Video: Statement: Software Update July 24, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC is conducting a voluntary safety recall to update software in approximately 1,400,000 U.S. vehicles equipped with certain radios. The recall aligns with an ongoing software distribution that insulates connected vehicles from remote manipulation, which, if unauthorized, constitutes criminal action. Further, FCA US has applied network-level security measures to prevent the type of remote manipulation demonstrated in a recent media report. These measures – which required no customer or dealer actions – block remote access to certain vehicle systems and were fully tested and implemented within the cellular network on July 23, 2015. The Company is unaware of any injuries related to software exploitation, nor is it aware of any related complaints, warranty claims or accidents – independent of the media demonstration.