1965 Chrysler Newport Two Door Hardtop on 2040-cars
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Gorgeous 1965 Chrysler Newport Two Door Hardtop. All numbers matching Survivor. I am the second owner of this Newport. It was bought new in Chicago Il. and I purchased it from the original owner. 49,500 Actual miles documented on the title. Cold Air Conditioning, Power windows go up and down fast. Power seats work as new. Doors open and close smoothly, no sagging or misalignment. 383 Chrysler engine. The original wheels and hub caps are in the trunk and are in excellent condition. The paint is original and if you look real close you can see some fine cracking, but you have to look for it. Original beautiul interior. AM Radio plays as new. Black vinyl top is in beautiful condition. All gauges work except the clock. I will send close up or detailed pictures of any parts of this car upon request. Always garaged and no rust ever.
|
Chrysler Newport for Sale
1963 chrysler newport push button transmisiion classic car, v8
Rare find, one family owned, 36000 actual miles, survivor!
1967 chrysler newport base convertible 2-door 6.3l
79 chrysler newport. 89k original miles! immaculate condition. 1-owner. 318 v8
1969 chrysler newport base hardtop 4-door 6.3l(US $6,000.00)
Sweet 1962 newport 361 v8 push button auto nice shape fun driver!(US $8,900.00)
Auto Services in Virginia
Virginia Tire & Auto ★★★★★
Valley Collision Repair Inc ★★★★★
Valley Auto Repair ★★★★★
Union Auto Body Shop ★★★★★
Transmissions Inc. ★★★★★
Tony`s Used Auto Parts ★★★★★
Auto blog
Poor Chrysler 200 sales blamed for 1,420 layoffs in Sterling Heights
Wed, Apr 6 2016FCA will indefinitely lay off a total of 1,420 workers from its Sterling Heights Assembly and Stamping plants on July 5, according to The Detroit News. This decision will cut a 1,300-person shift that builds the Chrysler 200, and it will also affect 120 people who stamp the sedan's components. The company's statement said the decision would "better align production with demand." FCA plans to give these folks open full-time positions as they become available. Chrysler 200 sales are down 63 percent to just under 18,000 units so far in 2016. After the cuts, there will still be one shift to build the 200, but even then the model won't have much of a future. In January, CEO Sergio Marchionne announced that FCA would discontinue production of the 200 and Dodge Dart because customers were no longer interested in small sedans. All of the roughly 3,000 hourly workers at Sterling Heights have been on a temporary layoff since February 1, according to The Detroit News. They don't go back to work until next week. United Auto Workers Vice President Norwood Jewell released a statement saying that while the "shift reduction at Sterling Heights Assembly is unfortunate, it is not unexpected." However, he was fairly upbeat about the cuts because FCA plans to increase production capacity for trucks and SUVs. "I believe that in the long term this move will be a positive one for our members and the company," he said. During last year's labor negotiations, the UAW's deal reportedly included an agreement for FCA to move 200 and Dodge Dart production to Toluca, Mexico, but the company promised to build the Ram 1500 at Sterling Heights Assembly. FCA spokesperson Jodi Tinson gave no comment about future vehicles at the factory when asked by Autoblog. Related Video: Statement Regarding Indefinite Layoffs at SHAP In order to better align production with demand at its Sterling Heights Assembly Plant, FCA US notified the State of Michigan, the City of Sterling Heights and the UAW today that it intends to return the plant to a one shift operation, beginning July 5. The Company will place indefinitely laid off employees in open full-time positions as they become available within the Detroit labor market based on seniority. A Statement from UAW Vice President Norwood Jewell on FCA Announcement about Sterling Heights Assembly: While today's announcement of a shift reduction at Sterling Heights Assembly is unfortunate, it is not unexpected.
Chrysler shows creative side with employee art exhibit
Wed, 27 Nov 2013The United Auto Workers and Chrysler recently sponsored 92 works of art created by 50 of the automaker's unionized and salaried employees for the 2013-14 Artists at Work Exhibition, the ninth such show, which recognizes the creative process required to make art and manufacture vehicles. Chrysler says the event is "the country's only juried art show sponsored by a major corporation and a labor union." Unfortunately, the exhibit is not open to the public, but we have images to share of the winning pieces as well as other interesting exhibits in the gallery above.
"Art and manufacturing have more in common than you might think," says Keith Mickens, Chrysler-UAW National Training Center co-director from the UAW. "The creative process involved in producing a memorable image on a canvas can be used to help build quality vehicles on an assembly line."
A diverse range of art forms are showcased, from metal sculptures to ceramics to photography to paintings and more. Four Detroit-area professional artists narrowed down over 600 submissions to the 92 works of art that were shown at the exhibit, then awarded "Best of Show" prizes to three employees for their work (the first three images in our gallery) and selected 11 employees for honorable mentions. The overall winner is the sculpture above by Joseph Aiuto, titled "Childhood Anxiety."
Bob Lutz, UAW rep commend Chrysler for not bowing to NHTSA recall pressure [w/poll]
Mon, 10 Jun 2013Bob Lutz, the well-known executive with a range of automakers including both General Motors and Chrysler, says he supports Chrysler for not caving under federal pressure to issue a recall on 2.7 million Jeep vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is arguing that the plastic fuel tanks positioned behind the axles of certain 1993-2004 Grand Cherokee models and 2002-2007 Liberty models may become punctured in a collision and potentially catch fire, so it has called upon Chrysler to recall the vehicles. 15 deaths and 46 injuries have been attributed to the issue. For its part, Chrysler has maintained that its models "met and exceeded" all safety applicable mandates when they were manufactured, and furthermore, they argue that the government agency's own data proves that the vehicles are no more dangerous than similar SUVs produced by other automakers at the time. As a result, it is taking the unusual step of refusing to recall the vehicles.
According to The Detroit News, Lutz says Chrysler is right to push back when the government is out of line. Lutz also said that he wished he could have done the same when NHTSA urged Chrysler to issue a recall on certain minivans back when he was with the automaker 25 years ago.
Meanwhile, United Auto Workers Vice President General Holiefield also defended Chrysler by saying, "Our legendary Jeeps are crafted with pride by our dedicated UAW American workforce who work tirelessly to ensure the utmost quality of each Jeep that is produced for customers."