Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan I4 Cvt 2.0 S Low Miles Cvt Gasoline 2.0l Dohc 16-valve S on 2040-cars
Rick Hendrick Chevrolet of Buford, 4490 S. Lee St, Buford, GA 30518
Nissan Sentra for Sale
Auto blog
The Carlos and Dieter Show promises more collaboration
Fri, 03 Oct 2014Daimler and Renault-Nissan said Friday the automakers have expanded their four-year-old alliance to include putting a Renault diesel in the Mercedes C-Class, a Mercedes gasoline engine in an Infiniti and possibly will involve automated driving technologies in the near future. At a joint Paris Motor Show press conference dubbed 'The Carlos and Dieter Show' by European media, Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn and Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche said the alliance between the automakers is running strong and will expand into any area that makes financial sense for both companies.
Ghosn and Zetsche said the alliance between the automakers is running strong and will expand into any area that makes financial sense for both companies.
Daimler and Renault-Nissan began their partnership in 2010 with plans to collaborate on three projects. They've since expanded that and are working on 12 projects together, including building a joint plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico. Renault-Nissan and Daimler are launching their first vehicles developed together from scratch: the Renault Twingo (which went on sale in September) and the new Smart Fortwo and Smart Forfour, which go on sale in November.
Nissan recovery to focus on U.S., Japan, China markets
Mon, May 4 2020Nissan will pull back from Europe and elsewhere to focus on the United States, China and Japan under a plan that represents a new strategic direction for the embattled carmaker, people with direct knowledge of the plan told Reuters. The "operational performance plan" is due to be announced on May 28 and goes beyond fixing problems from ousted leader Carlos Ghosn's aggressive expansion drive, the people said. The company's struggles predate the current global economic shutdown. Nissan's 2019 sales slumped severely. Nissan was already planning to implement what was described as a "do or die" plan in January, before the global coronavirus pandemic froze automotive production and sales worldwide. Pursuit of market share, particularly in the United States, led to steep discounting and a cheapened brand. Under the new, three-year plan — reported here for the first time — Nissan aims to restore dealer ties and refresh lineups to regain pricing power and profitability, the people told Reuters. "This is not just a cost-cutting plan. We're rationalizing operations, reprioritizing and refocusing our business to plant seeds for the future," one of the people said. The plan also aims to cut competition and expand cooperation with alliance partners, the people said. Nissan will follow Mitsubishi in plug-in electric hybrid vehicle technology, with the smaller peer taking the lead in Asian markets outside China and Japan. France's Renault will likely focus on electrical vehicle technologies and Europe. Nissan and Mitsubishi declined to comment. Renault did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The plan, led mainly by Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta rather than Nissan's low-key chief executive, Makoto Uchida, is aimed at freeing resources to invest in products and technology for the United States, China and Japan, the people said. "The net effect is even though we reduce our R&D spend this year versus last year and make other savings, we pump those freed-up resources back into core markets and core products," said one of the people, who declined to be identified as they were not authorized to speak with media on the matter. The plan is likely to take up to two weeks to be finalized, with sales and earnings targets complicated by the anticipated long-term impact on auto sales of government measures worldwide taken to stop the coronavirus outbreak, the people said.
Nissan to take over for Renault in Formula E
Thu, Oct 12 2017Formula E has generated a lot of news lately, even in the off-season, as major automakers continue to either join the series or express interest in participating. The inclusion of a number of European rivals makes the series particularly interesting. One thing missing from the lineup is a Japanese automaker. That will change, though, as Motorsport reports that Nissan will be taking over its Alliance partner Renault's spot on the starting grid. It's not confirmed when the switch will happen, but with the Renault e.dams Z.E. 17 (seen in testing above) already having been unveiled for next season, it's likely the switch will come in for the 2018/19 season when the series moves away from the practice of swapping cars mid-race. Renault has been a successful part of Formula E from the very beginning, providing (with partner Spark) the cars each team used in the first season, and scoring the series' first Team Championship in 2015, and then again in 2016 and 2017. Nissan, though, has the globally popular Leaf EV, and has been eyeing an entry into Formula E for some time now. Joining the series will not only boost the visibility of Nissan's electrification strategy, it will do the same for its Nismo arm as well (and, as we've already learned, there could be a Leaf Nismo offered in the future). The change would also free up resources for Renault to focus on its F1 efforts. As Motorsport also reports, Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag has said of the Japanese brands Nissan, Honda and Toyota, that "one of those three, maybe two, will end up" in the electric racing series, without elaborating further. Nissan isn't expected to confirm its Formula E entry soon, but it could happen at the Geneva Motor Show next year. Related Video: This content is hosted by a third party. To view it, please update your privacy preferences. Manage Settings. News Source: MotorsportImage Credit: Formula E Green Motorsports Nissan Renault Green Culture Electric Racing Vehicles Formula E nismo fia formula e championship