Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

1966 Mercury Monterey Hardtop Coupe 390 V8 on 2040-cars

Year:1966 Mileage:69000 Color: White /
 Burgundy
Location:

Playa del Rey, California, United States

Playa del Rey, California, United States
Advertising:
Fuel Type:GAS
Transmission:Automatic
Engine:390 V8
Body Type:U/K
Vehicle Title:Clear
For Sale By:Private Seller
VIN: 6Z47H548473 Make: Mercury
Options: Leather Seats
Model: Monterey
Power Options: Power Seats
Mileage: 69,000
Exterior Color: White
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Interior Color: Burgundy
Year: 1966
Number of Cylinders: 8
Trim: Coupe
Drive Type: RWD
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ... 

Auto Services in California

Yuki Import Service ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Brake Repair
Address: 2233 Corinth Ave, Universal-City
Phone: (310) 914-1601

Your Car Specialists ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Transmission
Address: 13903 Marquardt Ave, Compton
Phone: (562) 802-1332

Xpress Auto Service ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service
Address: 14834 Valley Blvd, Bell
Phone: (626) 820-0267

Xpress Auto Leasing & Sales ★★★★★

New Car Dealers, Automobile Leasing
Address: 701 E Colorado St, South-El-Monte
Phone: (818) 500-9933

Wynns Motors ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, New Car Dealers, Brake Repair
Address: 55 Oak St, Brisbane
Phone: (415) 626-6936

Wright & Knight Service Center ★★★★★

Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Auto Engine Rebuilding
Address: 566 E St, Imperial
Phone: (760) 344-3370

Auto blog

NHTSA upgrades Ford floor mat unintended acceleration probe

Mon, 17 Dec 2012

According to a Bloomberg report, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has upgraded an investigation into complaints of unintended acceleration lodged against Ford vehicles. The investigation began in June of 2010 when just three complaints had been received and it only concerned the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan, but this was at a time when the phrase "unintended acceleration" made grown men go pale. With 49 additional complaints received since then, the investigation has been reclassified as an engineering analysis - the last phase before a recall - and it has been expanded to include the Lincoln MKZ, making for a total of "around 480,000" units affected between the three sedans from the 2008 to 2010 model years.
The ostensible cause is that floor mats are trapping the accelerator pedal, but according to a Ford statement at the time, the entrapment is due to owners placing the optional all-weather floor mats, or aftermarket floor mats, on top of the car's standard floor mats. NHTSA has backed up that assessment, pinning the blame on "unsecured or double stacked floor mats."
On the face of it, it would appear that NHTSA has upgraded the status not because of Ford's error, but owner error, and Ford has stated publicly that it is "disappointed" in NHTSA's move. On top of NHTSA still being skittish after that other unintended acceleration debacle, it could be seen to be taking its time investigating all of the variables: it's reported that Ford changed its accelerator pedal design in 2010, a "heel blocker" in the floorpan has been considered a potential culprit in how the floor mats could be trapping the pedal, some drivers have said the floor mats weren't anywhere near the pedal, and according to a report in the LA Times, in "a letter sent by Ford to NHTSA in August 2010, the automaker said it found three injuries and one fatality that 'may have resulted from the alleged defect.'"

Ford recalling 450,000 Fusion, Mercury Milan sedans

Tue, Nov 24 2015

Ford has announced a pair of recalls, and both are critical safety issues. The exponentially larger of the two recall campaigns affects over 450,000 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan sedans manufactured at the Hermosillo plant between July 21, 2008, and March 4, 2011. The canister purge valve in the fuel tank could malfunction and could cause the top of the tank to crack and leak fuel. That could cause a fire, although Ford "is not aware of any accidents, injuries or fires" resulting from the issue. Affected vehicles will have their ECU software updated and their fuel tanks inspected for potential replacement. The company estimates there are 411,205 affected units in the United States (and its federalized territories), plus another 33,605 in Canada, and 7,055 in Mexico. The second recall affects 13 F-650 trucks. The column shifter's park position mechanism may fracture and let the truck roll away unexpectedly. Those 2016 models built in Ohio between July 29 and September 3, 2015 are all located in the US. Fixing the problem will require replacing the steering column and reconfiguring the instrument panel. FORD ISSUES TWO SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 23, 2015 – Ford Motor Company is issuing two safety recalls in North America. Ford is not aware of any accidents, injuries or fires related to these conditions. Details are as follows: Ford issues safety recall for certain 2010-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan vehicles in North America for potential fuel tank issue Ford Motor Company is issuing a safety recall for approximately 450,000 2010-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan vehicles for a potential issue with the fuel tank. Some of these vehicles might have a canister purge valve that does not work properly, causing internal pressure changes inside the fuel tank. Repeated pressure changes inside the tank could result in a crack on the top of the tank, possibly allowing fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can lead to a fire. Ford is not aware of any accidents, injuries or fires related to this condition. Affected vehicles include certain 2010-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant from July 21, 2008 through March 4, 2011. There are a total of approximately 451,865 vehicles that might be affected in North America, including 411,205 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories, 33,605 in Canada and 7,055 in Mexico.

Curtain officially comes down on Mercury as dealers remove signage

Mon, 03 Jan 2011

The process of shutting down the Mercury is complete. Ford officially made the decision to close its mid-level brand in June of 2010. In the months that followed, Ford offered its dealers money to stop selling the cars, with production shutting down in September. The last Mercury, a Mariner, rolled off the assembly line in the beginning of October and former spokesperson Jill Wagner said her good-byes to both the car and her job. Now the last piece of the brand has come down as dealers are removing any and all Mercury signage from their lots.
[Source: Detroit News]Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments