Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

2004 Mercedes Ml500 Inspiration Limited Edition Suv New Michelin Tires Low Mile on 2040-cars

Year:2004 Mileage:120000
Location:

Advertising:

Mercedes-Benz M-Class for Sale

Auto blog

Mercedes-AMG to phase out 5.5-liter V8 after next year [UPDATE]

Tue, Jan 20 2015

UPDATE: A previous version of this story indicated that AMG's 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 was still mated to a five-speed automatic transmission, however the latest models (including the S65 AMG sedan and coupe, SL65 roadster and G65 sport-ute are equipped with the newer seven-speed unit. Mercedes also reached out to point out that the 5.5-liter engine will be phased out gradually, not overnight. There's a lot to love about AMG's 5.5-liter twin-turbo V8. It produces as much as 577 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque, and delivers blistering performance to even the heaviest of vehicles. But try not to get too attached, because like its 6.2-liter, naturally aspirated predecessor, it's not long for this world. The latest word comes from Autocar, which reports that Mercedes will release the last applications for the 5.5 biturbo within these next two calendar years in the new GLE63 AMG and upcoming S63 AMG convertible. After that, even though it was only introduced in 2011, it will be phased out. Fortunately Affalterbach has a worthwhile successor already in place in the 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 from the Mercedes-AMG GT. The smaller powerplant, already in store for the new C63, is already producing 503 hp and 479 lb-ft in S spec. That's still shy of the larger unit's output, but where the 5.5 is nearing the end of its production cycle, the 4.0 is just starting out. Of course the 4.0-liter biturbo isn't the only engine AMG is making these days. Smaller models (based on the front-drive platform) employ the 45-designation, high-output 2.0-liter turbo four. Models at the very top of the lineup, however, use a 6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 that may be a dinosaur, but with 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque on tap, still can't be beat.

Trump reportedly says he wants to wipe German cars off the U.S. map

Thu, May 31 2018

BERLIN/FRANKFURT — A report that U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened to pursue German carmakers until there are no Mercedes-Benz rolling down New York's Fifth Avenue dented shares in the luxury car manufacturers on Thursday. An excerpt from German magazine Wirtschaftswoche's article, which cited several unnamed European and U.S. diplomats but did not include any direct quotes, could not be independently verified, while a U.S. Embassy spokesman in Berlin referred questions to Washington. The news and current affairs magazine said Trump had told French President Emmanuel Macron in April that he aimed to push German carmakers out of the United States altogether. Macron's administration in Paris declined to comment on the report. The Trump administration last week opened a so-called Section 232 trade investigation into vehicle imports, which could result in a 25 percent tariff on cars on the same "national security" grounds Washington used to impose metals duties in March. This could destroy exports by German carmakers, which control 90 percent of the U.S. premium market and are the biggest European Union exporters of cars to the United States. BMW owns Rolls-Royce, while Daimler has Mercedes-Benz, and Volkswagen controls Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Audi. Daimler, BMW and Audi declined comment. Porsche was not immediately available for comment. BMW shares were trading 0.5 percent lower at 0939 GMT, while Daimler and VW's shares were down 1 percent and 1.6 percent respectively, underperforming Germany's blue-chip DAX. Trump has railed against German carmakers before. And in early 2017, in an interview with German newspaper Bild, he said he would impose 35 percent tariffs on imported cars. At the time, the president called Germany a great car producer but said that the business relationship with the United States was an unfair one-way street. Germany's auto industry association VDA says its members exported 657,000 vehicles to North America last year, with total exports of vehicle components, cars, engines, as well as second-hand vehicles totaling 31.2 billion euros in 2016. Imports from the United States to Germany amounted to 7.4 billion euros, meaning a trade deficit of 23.8 billion euros the VDA's latest available figures show. However, German brands also have huge factories in the United States, where they built 804,000 cars last year, VDA said, providing jobs for U.S. workers. Berlin has reacted angrily to the U.S.

Mercedes details plans for move to Georgia

Fri, Feb 6 2015

Automakers are getting restless in America, moving their headquarters from one location to another. Toyota is shifting its US operations to Dallas, Porsche is moving to a new headquarters across town, Cadillac is relocating from Detroit to New York, but lately the news has been about Mercedes. The German automaker has run its US operations out of its current facility in Montvale, NJ for decades, but now it's preparing to relocate to a new facility in Atlanta. And it has just announced further details of the move. The company is building a new facility at the corner of Abernathy and Barfield in Sandy Springs outside of Atlanta. That's right near where the Georgia 400 meets Interstate 285 near Hartsfield-Jackson airport, giving Mercedes access to an existing infrastructure of hotels, restaurants and of course transportation routes. The facility will take up a 12-acre plot of land and is earmarked for completion in early 2018. Lest you think MBUSA will stay put in Montvale in the meantime, though, it won't. The company is actually going to relocate twice, moving in the meantime to a temporary, 186,000-square-foot facility at the Perimeter Center in Dunwoody, GA. That move will kick off in July. The move detailed earlier this week at a press conference at the Georgia State Capitol with Governor Nathan Deal will see Mercedes hiring hundreds of new employees in Atlanta. Even after it moves down south, though, the company will keep certain functions in New Jersey, both in Montvale and in Robbinsville where it has its parts distribution center. MERCEDES-BENZ USA ANNOUNCES DETAILS OF NEW CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS IN ATLANTA MBUSA to occupy interim office space in Central Perimeter before opening new, state-of-the-art facility in 2018 February 03, 2015 - ATLANTA -- At a press conference today at the Georgia State Capitol, Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) announced the permanent and interim locations for its new corporate headquarters in Atlanta. Company President and CEO Stephen Cannon made the announcement with Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. MBUSA, which is currently headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, will construct a new, state-of-the-art headquarters facility on a greenfield site located at the corner of Abernathy and Barfield roads in Sandy Springs, expected to be completed in early 2018.