Land Rover Defender 90 on 2040-cars
Glade Park, Colorado, United States

Rare Legally Imported 1988 2.5L Turbodiesel Short Wheel Base Land Rover 90 Very cool an rare (in the USA) Land Rover. Left Hand Drive, even. Very capable off-road if you aren't familiar with them. This one is SUPER rust-free and VERY low miles. 91,000 Kilometers = 56,000 Miles! Everything works as it should, drives like it should, Mud-Terrain tires are almost new with lots of tread. Currently has aftermarket reclining bucket seats, but includes the stock front seats and a rear jump seat in the sale. Also included are a set of stock steel wheels, in addition the factory alloys installed on it. 2.5 19J turbo diesel engine makes decent power with better economy than the gasoline engine.
Land Rover Defender for Sale
1995 - land rover defender(US $16,000.00)
1992 - land rover defender(US $14,000.00)
Land rover defender 4 door custom defender 110(US $2,000.00)
1997 - land rover defender(US $16,000.00)
1995 - land rover defender(US $16,000.00)
1997 - land rover defender(US $24,000.00)
Auto Services in Colorado
Wallace Autos ★★★★★
The 4Wheeler ★★★★★
South Platte Auto Center ★★★★★
South Havana Motor Co ★★★★★
Santos Muffler & Radiator ★★★★★
Safelite AutoGlass ★★★★★
Auto blog
Jaguar Land Rover won't get a bailout from the UK
Sun, Aug 16 2020Bailout talks between Jaguar Land Rover and Tata Steel with the UK government have ended, leaving both firms to rely on private financing to overcome the impact of coronavirus on business, the Financial Times reported on Friday. The report said that talks for an emergency funding fell through as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) did not qualify for taxpayer support. It is the luxury car unit of India's Tata Motors and Tata Steel, both owned by Indian conglomerate Tata Group. The bailout plan, titled "Project Birch", had been authorized by Finance Minister Rishi Sunak in May to rescue companies that are seen as strategically important, with the Treasury saying it may step in to support crucial businesses on a "last resort" basis after other options run out. The report, citing a source familiar with the matter, said that the funding scheme became infeasible for Tata as it imposed strict conditions on any lending. "Tata Steel remains in ongoing and constructive talks with the UK Government on areas of potential support," Tata Steel said in an emailed statement. The UK Treasury said it would not comment on individual companies. Tata Motors did not immediately respond to request for comment. Related Video: Earnings/Financials Government/Legal Jaguar Land Rover
Land Rover planning SVX hardcore off-roaders
Sun, May 3 2015The new Special Vehicle Operations division at Jaguar Land Rover has already given us an array of ultimate wheeled creations, but it isn't quite done yet. Next, according to Car and Driver, will be a new line of SVX models. Not to be confused with the Subaru coupe from the 1990s (which also had all-wheel drive, come to think of it), Land Rover's SVX models will be hardcore off-roaders. Details are few and far between at the moment, but they're said to take inspiration from rough-terrain events like the Dakar Rally and Camel Trophy as inspiration – different from the Ford F-150 Raptor that takes its cues from the Baja 1000. Last we heard, Land Rover was planning a hardcore Defender to send the model off to pasture in high-performance style, and considering an extreme Range Rover as well. If either of those rumors materialize, they look like they'd be prime candidates for the SVX line. JLR Special Vehicle Operations has already showcased what it can do with the high-performance Range Rover Sport SVR, the luxed-up Range Rover SVAutobiography, the exclusive F-Type Project 7 and the continuation classic Lightweight E-Type. C/D confirms that further SVR models are in store to replace Jaguar's R-S performance models, while the SVX line would likely remain exclusive to Land Rover.
Watch feds crush classic Mini caught in importation dragnet
Fri, Dec 12 2014Fair warning for any classic car fans that suffer from high blood pressure: this story might not be good for your health. US Customs and Border Protection is teaming up with British law enforcement to keep unsafe, imported vehicles off the road here – like this Mini. In the government's view, the only way to make things right is to crush the cars, apparently. The destruction is part of Operation Atlantic, a crackdown on Minis and Land Rover Defenders that are being illegally imported. According to Yahoo Autos, this is just one of about 100 vehicles from the dragnet. This specific car came into the US in June, and its VIN indicated a model from 1988. However, the vehicle had a different engine than it should have, and the steering wheel was on the wrong side. It was likely actually from around 2000. To emphasize the crackdown, government officials and press gathered at a New Jersey junkyard to destroy the car. Check out the video below to watch the carnage and listen to the horrible crunching noises, and read the sad press release below. This content is hosted by a third party. To view it, please update your privacy preferences. Manage Settings. Trans-Atlantic Partnership Seeks to Crush Illegal Trade of Unsafe Vehicles NEWARK, New Jersey-U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) destroyed an illegally imported and unsafe Mini Cooper Thursday at a salvage yard in New Jersey following a recent seizure at the Newark Seaport. CBP captured photos, b-roll and principal sound bites for use by news media. This Mini is just one of dozens of vehicles intercepted at ports of entry across the U.S, including ports in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Norfolk, Virginia, Charleston, South Carolina, Savannah, Georgia, Jacksonville, Florida, Houston and Tacoma, Washington. Over the past year, CBP has increased targeting and inspections of suspect imported vehicles, specifically Minis and Land Rover Defenders, as part of Operation Atlantic, a new trans-Atlantic partnership between U.S. and U.K. regulatory and law enforcement officials. "Intercepting illegal and unsafe imports is a top priority for CBP," said Brenda Smith, CBP's assistant commissioner for International Trade. "Through Operation Atlantic, we are stopping illegally imported, unsafe vehicles from driving on our roadways, and at the same time, partnering with our colleagues in the UK to stop this criminal activity at its source." Launched in March 2014 by CBP's Commercial Targeting and Analysis Center (CTAC), U.S.