Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

2009 Infiniti G37 Sport Convertible Nav Rear Cam 61k Mi Texas Direct Auto on 2040-cars

US $25,780.00
Year:2009 Mileage:61705 Color: Mirrors
Location:

Advertising:

Auto blog

Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge revealed ahead of Detroit

Thu, 02 Jan 2014

As fast as Infiniti is on the track with its sponsored Formula One racecar, the automaker sure is taking its time releasing details for the Q50 Eau Rouge Concept. This performance- and aero-tuned version of the Q50 sedan is heading for a big debut at the Detroit Auto Show, and Infiniti just released a new image and some more info on what we can only hope is a glimpse at future Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) products.
Influenced by the Red Bull Racing program, Infiniti's design team gave the Q50 a substantial once over with the concept getting an entirely new body compared to the production version of the luxury sedan making it both lower and wider. Previewed by an earlier teaser, the face of the Q50 Eau Rouge Concept has a mean look with massive intakes and a carbon fiber splitter. This new image also shows off additional cues like the lightweight, 21-inch wheels as well as the carbon fiber roof, side sills and door mirrors. While we only get this single image of the Q50 Eau Rouge Concept, Infiniti promises a carbon fiber rear splitter, dual exhaust and a "large integrated rear spoiler."
There is still no word on what handling or engine upgrades are in store, but hopefully those GT-R-inspired hood vents are only a hint at something monstrous lurking beneath the hood. Check out the full press release posted below for a few more details on the car, but we expect Infiniti to drop some more info on the Eau Rouge Concept before its official debut.

Nissan recovery to focus on U.S., Japan, China markets

Mon, May 4 2020

Nissan will pull back from Europe and elsewhere to focus on the United States, China and Japan under a plan that represents a new strategic direction for the embattled carmaker, people with direct knowledge of the plan told Reuters. The "operational performance plan" is due to be announced on May 28 and goes beyond fixing problems from ousted leader Carlos Ghosn's aggressive expansion drive, the people said. The company's struggles predate the current global economic shutdown. Nissan's 2019 sales slumped severely.  Nissan was already planning to implement what was described as a "do or die" plan in January, before the global coronavirus pandemic froze automotive production and sales worldwide.  Pursuit of market share, particularly in the United States, led to steep discounting and a cheapened brand. Under the new, three-year plan — reported here for the first time — Nissan aims to restore dealer ties and refresh lineups to regain pricing power and profitability, the people told Reuters. "This is not just a cost-cutting plan. We're rationalizing operations, reprioritizing and refocusing our business to plant seeds for the future," one of the people said. The plan also aims to cut competition and expand cooperation with alliance partners, the people said. Nissan will follow Mitsubishi in plug-in electric hybrid vehicle technology, with the smaller peer taking the lead in Asian markets outside China and Japan. France's Renault will likely focus on electrical vehicle technologies and Europe. Nissan and Mitsubishi declined to comment. Renault did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The plan, led mainly by Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta rather than Nissan's low-key chief executive, Makoto Uchida, is aimed at freeing resources to invest in products and technology for the United States, China and Japan, the people said. "The net effect is even though we reduce our R&D spend this year versus last year and make other savings, we pump those freed-up resources back into core markets and core products," said one of the people, who declined to be identified as they were not authorized to speak with media on the matter. The plan is likely to take up to two weeks to be finalized, with sales and earnings targets complicated by the anticipated long-term impact on auto sales of government measures worldwide taken to stop the coronavirus outbreak, the people said.

Infiniti is blazing an unconventional path to electrification

Wed, Nov 6 2019

When it comes to electrification, Infiniti has a history of speaking a great deal but doing little. The Nissan-owned company's plug-in offensive will start in the 2020s, and it provided preliminary details about the technology that motorists can expect to find in showrooms in the not-too-distant future. Eric Rigaux, Infiniti's general manager of product strategy and planning, told Roadshow the firm's engineering department is putting the final touches on two forward-thinking electrified powertrains. The first one will run solely on electricity, while the second one will rely on a gasoline-powered generator to provide more range. Both are being developed to fit into a flexible new platform. Technical details about the electric setup remain vague, so we don't know how big of a battery pack Infiniti will use, or how many motors will draw electricity from it. However, Roadshow learned the gasoline-electric layout will never need to be plugged in, because a 1.5-liter, three-cylinder engine equipped with Infiniti's innovative variable-compression technology will produce the electricity it needs to run. The triple won't directly spin the wheels; it will channel the juice it creates to a battery pack. It's not a zero-emissions solution, but it's one that makes a lot of sense, because users won't need to wait for a charge, and they'll be able to drive for about 500 miles between fill-ups. The now-defunct Chevrolet Volt featured a similar drivetrain, but owners had the possibility of plugging it in. Infiniti won't give motorists that option; there won't be a plug anywhere on the car. Fluid-filled motor mounts and active noise cancellation will ensure the passengers don't feel or hear the triple whirring away. Meanwhile, two electric motors (one over each axle) will deliver between 248 and 429 horsepower; final specifications haven't been signed off yet. And, because power will come from gasoline, there's no need to integrate a bulky battery pack into the chassis. Infiniti's future gasoline-electric models won't require anything bigger than a 5.1-kilowatt-hour unit, which can unintrusively be stuffed under the trunk floor or sandwiched between the floor and the rear seat. Infiniti chose a crossover to inaugurate its battery-electric powertrain; the QX Inspiration concept (pictured) unveiled during the 2019 Detroit Auto Show shed light on what the model will look like.