Find or Sell Used Cars, Trucks, and SUVs in USA

1964 Thunderbird Hardtop 28818 Original Miles on 2040-cars

Year:1964 Mileage:28818 Color: White /
 SILVER
Location:

CHITOWN BURBS, United States

CHITOWN BURBS, United States
Advertising:
Transmission:Automatic
Engine:390
Body Type:HARDTOP
Vehicle Title:Clear
For Sale By:Private Seller
VIN: 4Y83Z131623 Year: 1964
Exterior Color: White
Make: Ford
Interior Color: SILVER
Model: Thunderbird
Number of Cylinders: 8
Trim: SILVER
Drive Type: AUTO
Mileage: 28,818
Condition: Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at least one previous owner. The condition of the exterior, interior and engine can vary depending on the vehicle's history. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. ... 

PURCHASE CAR OUT OF CALIFORNIA WHERE IT HAS BEEN SITTING FOR A WHILE.THIS CAR WAS ORIGINALY SOLD OUT OF A CINCINATI DEALER WHICH I HAVE OBTAINED THE ORIGINAL FACTORY RELEASE FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY AND A REPRINT OF THE ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER.THE CAR WAS REPAINTED WHITE FROM THE ORIGINAL COLOR SILVER MIST IT IS A SOLID BODY CAR WITH NO RUST CHROME IS PIT FREE AND IN PERFECT CONDITION.THE UNDER CARRIAGE IS SOLID NO RUST CAN EVEN SEE ORIGINAL PRIMER CAR HAS BEEN STORED WELL OVER THE YEARS.WINDSHIELD DOES HAVE A SMALL STAR IN IT.CAR RUNS GREAT I PUT NEW TIRES ON IT AND YOU CAN DRIVE THIS CAR EVERYDAY IF YOU SO DO DESIRE BUT A LITTLE TLC AND IT WILL BE A REAL BEAUTY.I WORK FOR A FORD DEALER AND HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE CAR AND IT IS MECHANICALY SOUND,I EVEN PUT A NEW SET OF CORECT TIRES ON IT IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A DEAL HERE IT IS I CAN USE THE DOUGH.

Auto blog

Lincoln Continental production likely to shift to Flat Rock

Fri, Jun 12 2015

Lincoln production may be returning to Michigan, according to a new report from Automotive News. While the brand's current big sedan, the MKS, is built alongside the Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, and their Police Interceptor counterparts at the Blue Oval's Chicago, IL factory, the production version of the Continental won't be screwed together in the Windy City. According to AN, "industry sources" claim the Continental will join the Ford Mustang and Ford Fusion – on which the big Lincoln is loosely based – at the company's Flat Rock, MI factory. The move isn't just based on convenience, though. Ford is selling a lot of Explorers, and shifting Lincoln production away from Chicago Assembly frees up production capacity for the popular SUV. "Chicago Assembly Plant is vital to our global manufacturing footprint and will continue to manufacture the Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer and Police Interceptor vehicles even after we phase out production of the MKS in 2016," Ford told Automotive News. "We will continue to match production to demand." Looking at the numbers further backs up the argument against Lincoln production in Chicago. Last year alone, Ford built nearly 285,000 Explorers and over 73,000 Taurus sedans, compared to just 8,300 Lincolns. Finally, as AN tells it, Ford is almost telegraphing the Continental's arrival in Flat Rock. The facility has a four-week shut down scheduled from June 15 through July 13, which is twice as long as the typical summer vacation, while there's another two weeks off slated for September. Related Video:

Will Ford's SUV blitz include the Bronco?

Sat, Feb 13 2016

Ford announced this week it will add four sport-utility vehicles in the next four years, an ambitious bet on a segment the industry once shunned. This led to wild speculation about what form these utes will take. Here's what we know: They will be new nameplates, and Ford is thinking globally. That means at least one might not be a product with US intent. They will also be in segments where the company does not currently compete, Ford said. The Blue Oval isn't specifying exactly what's it's doing, so here are some of our theories. We think one will be called the Bronco, which is great news for enthusiasts. We hope it follows the Mustang playbook with some heritage styling, but a thoroughly modern execution. Ford needs an off-road Jeep Wrangler-fighter. Fuel prices are low and it's been 22 years since the infamous O.J. Simpson white Bronco chase. This is the best chance Ford will ever have to bring back this iconic name. Our man on the ground at the Chicago Auto show, Sebastian Blanco, reported that Ford sales and marketing vice president Mark LaNeve said a "mini utility" will also be one of the utes. This could be primarily an overseas play. We've also seen lots of spy shots of the EcoSport, a small crossover that Ford sells in India and other overseas markets, being tested on American roads. That is an existing nameplate. Maybe Ford adds a small ute related to the EcoSport in the United States, but calls it something else. We think Lincoln gets a three-row SUV out of the deal. It could slot between the MKX, which was new last year, and the Navigator. Lincoln is leaving money on the table by not being in this segment. The platform could be used for a Ford at some point, too. The Blue Oval brand does actually have a tweener three-row vehicle, the Flex, but this chassis might underpin a replacement. Or maybe Ford makes one of these a hybrid. The company laid out ambitious plans in December to ramp up its electrification strategy, something that could mean a dedicated hybrid SUV (Kia unveiled one of those right after LaNeve's speech in Chicago). It's also possible hybrid technology will be integrated into this new portfolio. The Escape used to have a hybrid sibling. Whatever form they ultimately take, Ford is betting heavily on SUVs. The company thinks they are what Baby Boomers and Millenials want and expects the segment will continue to grow. It's important to note: this will be a diversified strategy.

Watch Ken Block's scary Rally America crash from inside the cockpit

Wed, 19 Feb 2014

Ken Block became famous for his series of Gymkhana videos, but he's a real racer in his own right. Block has competed many rounds in the FIA World Rally Championship and also rallied in the 2013 Rally America series. He nearly won that latter title last year - if not for a massive crash in the final event of the season.
Block and his co-driver Alex Gelsomino went into the Lake Superior Performance Rally needing a win to take the championship. However, missing a clump of dirt on the side of the road and one little word in the pace notes was all it took to catapult Block's Fiesta off the road and into a tumbling accident. Block says his initial reaction was anger because the crash came out of nowhere.
For 2014, Block is joining the FIA World Rallycross Championship for at least three rounds. He'll drive a Ford Fiesta for the Hoonigan Racing Division at the Norwegian, French and Turkish events of the 12-round championship. Former Formula One World Champion Jacques Villeneuve will also compete in the series.