1991 Ford Taurus Sho Plus Package on 2040-cars
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Body Type:Sedan
Vehicle Title:Clear
Engine:3.0L 182Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Fuel Type:GAS
For Sale By:Private Seller
Make: Ford
Model: Taurus
Trim: SHO Sedan 4-Door
Options: Sunroof, Cassette Player, Leather Seats, CD Player
Safety Features: Driver Airbag
Drive Type: FWD
Power Options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
Mileage: 89,000
Sub Model: SHO
Exterior Color: Green
Number of Doors: 4
Interior Color: Tan
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Number of Cylinders: 6
Up for sale is my 1991 Taurus SHO Plus, with just under 89,000 documented miles. That's right, this is a 5 digit odometer that has NOT rolled over.
SHOs have a special place in my heart, and 1991 Plus models especially. The first and second generation SHOs are historically significant and I believe the first gen cars may be collectible. I want this car to go to an enthusiast who will care for it and treat it with the respect that I and it's previous owners have given it.
Thanks!
Ford Taurus for Sale
Auto Services in Illinois
Xtreme City Motorsports ★★★★★
Westchester Automotive Repair Inc ★★★★★
Warson Auto Plaza ★★★★★
Voegtle`s Auto Service Inc ★★★★★
Thom`s Four Wheel & Auto Svc ★★★★★
Thomas Toyota ★★★★★
Auto blog
Toyota, Ford not interested in FCA merger
Mon, Jun 15 2015Sergio Marchionne will preach the benefits of mergers to anyone who'll listen, but his calls for industry consolidation may be falling on deaf ears. At least, that is, the ears of those who the Fiat Chrysler chief would most like to bend. Not only is General Motors uninterested, but according to The Detroit News, neither are Toyota or Ford. "It's something we would not be interested in," said Toyota's North American chief Jim Lentz, at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Toyota Technical Center. "At 10 million (vehicles) we have enough scale right now to do what we need to do. There really would be no advantage for us." Toyota isn't the only one unenthused by the prospect of merging with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The Detroit News also reports that Ford, though it may yet to have been approached by Marchionne, wouldn't be interested either. "We're not a suitor for FCA," said Ford CFO Bob Shanks. "We don't see that type of opportunity as one that applies to us." With GM, Toyota, and Ford expressing disinterest in Marchionne's merger idea, the FCA chief will likely start looking elsewhere – or look for other ways to compel his primary candidate to reconsider. He may eventually find a partner – more likely in the Far East or within Europe – but it may not take the form of the major player Sergio has hoped for. News Source: The Detroit NewsImage Credit: Bill Pugliano/Getty Chrysler Fiat Ford Toyota Sergio Marchionne FCA merger fiat chrysler automobiles
Ford predicts it will finish 2013 as top-selling US brand
Mon, 30 Dec 2013Ford is ready to call the ball on its 2013 sales totals, predicting a first-place finish for units sold in the US for a single brand. The company anticipates selling more than 2.4 million vehicles when all vehicle sales over the last 12 months have been tallied, repeating the victory it trumpeted over Toyota last year.
According to Ford's accounting, it sold 329,677 more vehicles than did Toyota in 2012. This year, the Blue Oval expects that margin to grow; through the end of November, Ford says it has outsold Toyota by 396,041 units.
Retail sales of Ford products are projected to exceed 1.7 million units for 2013 (the best retail result in 6 years for the company), with passenger cars accounting for 600k of that total. The redesigned Fusion is expected to crest the 290k mark, and the Fiesta is said to be ready to hit a model-record of 70k-plus. Meanwhile, utility vehicles and trucks are still paying a lot of bills in Dearborn, with the new Escape racking up an expected 300k sales and F-Series trucks chugging along at 688,810 units sold thru November.
MotorWeek finds nice things to say about the 1993 Ford Probe
Tue, Mar 8 2016This latest in MotorWeek's series of Retro Reviews continues its recent trend of remembering the massive glut of sports coupes that hit the market in the '90s. While vehicles like the Mitsubishi 3000GT, Mazda RX-7, and Ford Mustang all enjoy solid reputations down to this day, the 1993 Ford Probe, well... doesn't. As you'll soon see, though, the show's opinion suggests the coupe's second generation isn't really all that bad. Turns out they just weren't particularly sporty. Ford and Mazda developed the Probe together, and the Japanese company supplied both the base 115-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder and the 164-hp 2.5-liter V6 in the GT trim. The original's pseudo-angular look gave way to a much smoother shape for the second generation. Of course, pop-up headlights remained, which were a design hallmark for many of this era's sports coupes. After driving it, MotorWeek proclaims the Probe is "a winner" and considers the handling a "delight." That's not a big surprise, considering that in those days, a car had to be really bad not to get a decent review from Television's Original Automotive Magazine. However, the show hints at some of the reasons the coupe isn't so well remembered today. Even the GT reportedly suffers from soft springs and lots of understeer, which sounds like exactly the opposite anyone hoping to drive the coupe enthusiastically would want. To sum it all up, we're sure you're just as happy as we are that Ford went back on its initial plan to shelve the Mustang in favor of the front-drive Probe. Related Video: