1930 Model A Deluxe Ford Convertible on 2040-cars
Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
This is an older but correct and complete ground up restoration done sometime in the 70's.The car shows some age but overall looks very good. Never fails to elicit waves and toots from passing motorists...Engine starts easily, car drives well with reasonable steering and good brakes. A new battery was installed recently. Odometer works as do the lights. Paint has some age wear chips (see photo) but still looks more than presentable Chrome and top are overall in fair condition. The undercarriage is solid and clean. The car has the rare brass whistle horn (see right side of engine) The exterior horn must be rewound in order to work Rubber is all new. Reserve has been set at $21,900.00. Bidders are encouraged to do inspections and or drive the car at any reasonable time. Questions call Cort 508 857 0862, cell 508 654 8361 A $2000 deposit will be required of the successful bidder within 5 days of the end of the auction and full payment 7 days thereafter. Seller will cooperate fully in assisting with transportation provisions at the buyers expense. |
Ford Model A for Sale
Auto Services in Massachusetts
Wilson S Service Center ★★★★★
Wentworth Service Station ★★★★★
Urban Auto Body ★★★★★
T Tires ★★★★★
Riverside Imports ★★★★★
Ralph`s Auto Center ★★★★★
Auto blog
Riding along in Ford's bonkers Fiesta ST Global RallyCross car [w/video]
Wed, 28 Aug 2013
The Mountune-worked Fiesta ST GRC does 0-to-60 mph in 1.9 seconds.
On any given day, and every single weekend, there's at least one parking in the country invaded by manufacturer and team trucks. The be-chromed beasts and their 53-foot trailers are slotted into rows, men and women decorate the lot with orange cones to mark the invisible tracery of a temporary track, cars get unloaded, crews fret over them. The ritual can be as beautiful as the sunrise to those with enthusiast hearts, but it's just as common.
Ford to ramp up Lincoln rollout in China in bid to catch rivals
Thu, Apr 12 2018DETROIT/BEIJING — Ford Motor Co's premium Lincoln brand plans to build as many as five new vehicles in China by 2022, according to two U.S. sources, in a move to expand sales in the world's largest vehicle market that would also blunt the impact of trade U.S.-China trade spats. Ford has said it plans to build an all-new sport utility vehicle in China by the end of 2019, however the company has not detailed future production plans for the Lincoln brand in China beyond that. "Our localization plans to support the China market are on track and will serve to further drive Lincoln's growth in China," Lincoln spokeswoman Angie Kozleski said. "Beyond that, it would be premature to discuss our future product and production plans or timing." Sources familiar with Ford's production plans told Reuters the automaker now expects to begin building the new Lincoln Aviator in China in late 2019 or early 2020, along with replacements for the MKC compact crossover and the MKZ midsize sedan, followed in 2021 by the all-new Nautilus, which replaces the Lincoln MKX crossover. A fifth model, a small coupe-like crossover, is tentatively slated for production in China in 2022, the sources said. Ford has much to lose if the war of words over trade between China and U.S. President Donald Trump escalates into a full-blown tariff war. Last year, it shipped about 80,000 vehicles to China from North America, more than half of them Lincolns to support the brand's growth. All Lincoln vehicles that Ford now sells in China are brought in from North America. Even if China does reduce its 25 percent tariff on imported vehicles - as Chinese President Xi Jinping promised on Tuesday - it is not clear that would mean a big, long-term increase in Fords and Lincolns made in U.S. factories heading to Chinese showrooms. Ford is pursuing long-range plans to build more vehicles in China to serve a market that is now roughly 60 percent larger than the U.S. market, and projected to keep growing. But it is playing catch up to hometown rival General Motors Co and German luxury brands including Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, which have invested heavily in Chinese production in recent years as a form of insurance against trade, political and currency gyrations and to lower price points for their premium cars.
Subprime financing on the rise in new car sales, leasing too
Fri, 07 Dec 2012We all remember the financial crisis that began several years back. At its core was a splurge of subprime lending for housing loans. The housing bubble burst, triggering a collapse of the mortgage-backed securities market. Apparently, those types of loans still exist in the automotive industry, and the market share for these types of "nonprime, subprime, and deep subprime," loans has grown 13.6 percent compared to the third quarter a year ago.
According to an Automotive News report, high-risk lending expanded to 24.8 percent of total loans in Q3, up from 21.9 percent for this time last year. As this level increased, average credit scores of borrowers dropped to 755, down from 763 a year ago. In that time, the average financing amount increased $90 per vehicle, to $25,963.
At 818, Volvo maintains the highest per-owner credit score, while Mitsubishi has the lowest, at 694. The highest rate of borrowers was at Toyota, with 14 percent of the market, followed by Ford with 13.1 percent and Chevrolet at 11.1.