1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible on 2040-cars
Oswego, Illinois, United States
Engine:5.0L 302Cu. In. V8 GAS Naturally Aspirated
Vehicle Title:Clear
Body Type:U/K
Fuel Type:GAS
For Sale By:Private Seller
Mileage: 44,279
Make: Ford
Exterior Color: Silver
Model: Galaxie 500
Interior Color: Black
Trim: Base
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Drive Type: U/K
Number of Cylinders: 8
Options: CD Player, Convertible
Disability Equipped: No
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible 2 door, with 302 V8, 2 barrel carb, automatic, 44,000 original miles. I purchased the car 2 years ago.The car runs and drives great! It has a new top, after market radio under the dash. The floors are solid, trunk has some rust and small holes in it. Needs some cosmetic work. Needs new paint as it has some chips and scratches. Interior need some work, front seat needs to be redone and dash has a crack. Bumpers need rechroming and the convertible top needs a motor.
Email me @ jarwri@msn.com with any questions.
Ford Galaxie for Sale
1964 ford galaxie 500 fastback
1968 ford galaxie / ltd 351 cobra jet / c-6 trans. / very nice solid car!(US $9,500.00)
1965 ford galaxie 500 xl 6.4l
Free shipping 1966 ford galaxie 500 xl convertible rare z code #'s matching!(US $23,200.00)
1966 galaxie 500 convertible 7 litre edition 428 4v automatic "q" code(US $10,000.00)
1965 ford galaxie 500 with 1970 cobra jet gt 429
Auto Services in Illinois
White Eagle Auto Body Shop ★★★★★
Tremont Car Connection ★★★★★
Toyota Of Naperville ★★★★★
Today`s Technology Auto Repair ★★★★★
Suburban Tire Auto Repair Center ★★★★★
Steve`s Tire & Service Center ★★★★★
Auto blog
Ford to ramp up Lincoln rollout in China in bid to catch rivals
Thu, Apr 12 2018DETROIT/BEIJING — Ford Motor Co's premium Lincoln brand plans to build as many as five new vehicles in China by 2022, according to two U.S. sources, in a move to expand sales in the world's largest vehicle market that would also blunt the impact of trade U.S.-China trade spats. Ford has said it plans to build an all-new sport utility vehicle in China by the end of 2019, however the company has not detailed future production plans for the Lincoln brand in China beyond that. "Our localization plans to support the China market are on track and will serve to further drive Lincoln's growth in China," Lincoln spokeswoman Angie Kozleski said. "Beyond that, it would be premature to discuss our future product and production plans or timing." Sources familiar with Ford's production plans told Reuters the automaker now expects to begin building the new Lincoln Aviator in China in late 2019 or early 2020, along with replacements for the MKC compact crossover and the MKZ midsize sedan, followed in 2021 by the all-new Nautilus, which replaces the Lincoln MKX crossover. A fifth model, a small coupe-like crossover, is tentatively slated for production in China in 2022, the sources said. Ford has much to lose if the war of words over trade between China and U.S. President Donald Trump escalates into a full-blown tariff war. Last year, it shipped about 80,000 vehicles to China from North America, more than half of them Lincolns to support the brand's growth. All Lincoln vehicles that Ford now sells in China are brought in from North America. Even if China does reduce its 25 percent tariff on imported vehicles - as Chinese President Xi Jinping promised on Tuesday - it is not clear that would mean a big, long-term increase in Fords and Lincolns made in U.S. factories heading to Chinese showrooms. Ford is pursuing long-range plans to build more vehicles in China to serve a market that is now roughly 60 percent larger than the U.S. market, and projected to keep growing. But it is playing catch up to hometown rival General Motors Co and German luxury brands including Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, which have invested heavily in Chinese production in recent years as a form of insurance against trade, political and currency gyrations and to lower price points for their premium cars.
Ford worker files for UAW dues refund, stirs right-to-work debate
Sun, 24 Aug 2014Let's start with some history: Ford's Dearborn truck plant, part of the company's massive River Rouge complex, was the center of a strike in 1941 that led to Ford signing the first "closed shop" agreement in the industry. The agreement obliged every worker at the plant to be a dues-paying member of the United Auto Workers. In December 2012, however, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signed legislation making Michigan a right-to-work state, which outlawed closed shops. The new law gave workers the right to opt out of union membership and stop paying dues even if they were still covered by union activities like collective bargaining. For employees at the Dearborn plant, the right-to-work clauses take effect at the end of their current contract in 2015.
As a tool-and-die maker at Ford's Dearborn plant for 16 years, Todd Lemire pays dues to the UAW - about two hours' salary per month. However, he's been unhappy with the UAW's support of the Democratic party, and not wanting to wait until next year to be out of the UAW entirely he invoked his Beck Rights, which state that a non-member of a union does not have to pay dues to support non-core activities, such as political spending. But Lemire wasn't happy that Ford still subtracted the total amount of dues, with the UAW reimbursing the difference, so he filed suit with the National Labor Relations Board, feeling that the workaround violates his rights.
Lemire's case is just a week old, so it could be a while before a resolution. Yet, as September 15, 2015 draws near and the right-to-work laws take full effect for Michigan workers - and others wonder whether it could help revitalize the state's manufacturing base - a case like this adds more fuel to the discussion.
IIHS says these are the safest cars of 2013
Wed, 02 Jan 2013The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has revealed its annual list of Top Safety Picks, an award that highlights automobiles it says offer "superior crash protection." A new and still more significant award, the Top Safety Pick+ honor, is given to those vehicles that earn good ratings for occupant protection in four out of five areas of measure. And while some 117 vehicles were given the TSP seal of approval for 2013, just 13 passed muster for TSP+.
To be fair, IIHS only evaluated 29 vehicles with its new testing procedures for TSP+ (we'd expect that the number of qualified cars will rise substantially for 2014). Luxury and Near Luxury midsize cars were the first groups evaluated, followed by midsizers in the Moderately Priced Cars category - unsurprisingly, it's only midsize cars that you'll find among the class this year.
Only two luxury sedans made the list of 13 for 2013: the Acura TL and Volvo S60. The other 11 cars on the list included entries from domestic, Japanese and German car makers: Dodge Avenger, Chrysler 200, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord (sedan and coupe), Kia Optima (but not its close kin, the Hyundai Sonata, strangely), Nissan Altima, Subaru Legacy and Outback, Suzuki Kizashi and the Volkswagen Passat all made the grade.