1946 Chevy Custom P/u on 2040-cars
Washburn, Illinois, United States
For Sale By:Private Seller
Engine:350
Transmission:Automatic
Body Type:Pickup Truck
Vehicle Title:Clear
Options: Cassette Player
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Other Pickups
Disability Equipped: No
Exterior Color: Green
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Interior Color: Black
Trim: CUSTOM
Number of Cylinders: 8
Drive Type: CUSTOM
Mileage: 46,000
Cab Type (For Trucks Only): Regular Cab
FOR SALE 1946 CUSTOM CHEVY P/U THIS TRUCK IS ALL CUSTOM THE BED HAS BEEN SHORTEN STRAIGHT AXLE FRONT END IT HAS BEEN CHANNELED,IT WAS A BRAND NEW REAR END POSSI AIR SHOCKS NEW BRAKES NEW TIRES,CHROME ALT.VALVES COVERS NEW WINDOW AND DOOR HANDLES NEW MIRRORS,IT IS A VERY NICE P/U,TINTED WINDOWS.I TOOK IT TO A CAR SHOW LAST WEEK NO I DID NOT WIN THERE WERE ABOUT 125 CARS MY CAR CAME IN TOP 20 BEST OF SHOW,MUST SEE,I AM ASKING $13500 OBO. MY NAME IS MIKE,CALL ME 309-248-7247
Chevrolet Other Pickups for Sale
1957 chevy 1/2 ton step side long bed pick up truck(US $10,000.00)
1964 chevrolet pickup(US $3,950.00)
1957 chevrolet 3100 pickup
1958 chevrolet apache fleetside 31 shortbox beautifully restored no reserve!
1951 chevrolet 3100 panel truck, rat rod, patina, 1950 1952
1953 gmc pickup-short bed-1949-1950-1951-1952-1954(US $5,500.00)
Auto Services in Illinois
USA Muffler & Brakes ★★★★★
The Auto Shop ★★★★★
Super Low Foods ★★★★★
Spirit West Motor Carriage Body Repair ★★★★★
South West Auto Repair & Mufflers ★★★★★
Sierra Auto Group ★★★★★
Auto blog
GM starting to talk seriously about 200-mile EV
Sun, Oct 12 2014We've been hearing word of a 200-mile EV from Chevrolet for a while now. First, there was General Motors then-CEO Dan Akerson hinting at a $30,000, 200-mile EV that would take the competition by surprise. Then Akerson confirmed that GM is working on a 200-mile EV in a speech in March. LG Chem, which supplies batteries to GM and other automakers, recently said it was working on batteries for EVs with a range of 200 miles. GM's head of global product development Mark Reuss just re-confirmed that there are plans for an EV with a 200-mile range, and sources have told Automotive News what that car will be. While Reuss didn't mention anything about a specific model or platform, two undisclosed sources with knowledge of GM's plans have said that an EV with a range of about 200 miles is indeed in the works, and that it will be based on the Chevrolet Sonic. The sources also gave a timeline for the car, saying it is slated for sometime in 2017. According to Reuss, the plan is for Chevy to offer a lineup of electric cars, with the 200-mile EV joining ranks of the Chevrolet Volt and the Spark EV. He didn't hint at a timeline, but if the sources are correct, we could see a Sonic EV being built within a few years. Reuss sees demand for it, too. When speaking of the Spark EV, currently only available in California and Oregon, he says that "people wish we would sell it all around the country." If he's right about that, it's not difficult to imagine people taking interest in Chevrolet's 200-mile electric car, whether or not it's a Sonic.
GM execs fired over fraudulent India emissions testing
Mon, 29 Jul 2013General Motors hadn't had a recall in India since 1995. That changed when it was discovered that certain employees were playing tricks with local emissions testing in order to ensure passing grades for engines. More than ten GM Powertrain employees in India and the US have been let go over the ensuing emissions flap, including Sam Winegarden, VP of global engine engineering, a man who has been with the company since 1969, leading development of some marquee powerplants.
According to Automotive News, an internal investigation revealed that employees "violated testing procedures," sometimes swapping specially prepared low-emissions engines during testing regimes for the Chevrolet Tavera SUV equipped with the 2.0-liter and 2.5-liter engines. Employees were also manipulating weights in order to get vehicles placed into different emissions categories. The discovery has led to GM recall the 114,000 Taveras produced over an eight-year period and halting their production and sale.
The Economic Times of India reports that the issue is due to "a faulty component." GM has developed a solution to the issue, and once it is validated in testing and approved by the Indian authorities, the recalled vehicles will be fixed at dealers and production will resume.
Weekly Recap: Revisting the BBC report that ended Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear run
Sat, Mar 28 2015Jeremy Clarkson's long run as a Top Gear host has come to an end, and the reason is clear: His physical assault on one of the show's producers crossed a line, and the government-owned BBC couldn't tolerate it. The incident between Clarkson and Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon was initially described as a "fracas," and Clarkson was suspended. But his popularity and widespread support – even British Prime Minister David Cameron weighed in – suggested that the controversial Clarkson might be given yet another chance. The BBC put this to rest Wednesday when it sacked Clarkson and revealed the findings of its investigation. The report spelled out how Clarkson struck Tymon on the patio of a North Yorkshire (UK) hotel, leaving him with a bloodied, swollen lip. It was severe enough that the producer sought medical treatment. During and after the attack, Clarkson shouted expletives at Tymon and threatened to fire him. The noise carried into the hotel's dining room and even to a bedroom. Local police investigated the incident, but Tymon isn't pressing charges. The huge audience numbers, Clarkson's popularity and the high-octane excitement of Top Gear all melted away in the eyes of BBC director-general Tony Hall, who saw an attacker and a victim. "For me a line has been crossed," he said in a statement. "There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations." In that moment, Clarkson was the bad guy, though he was actually the one who reported it to the network and made repeated attempts to apologize to Tymon. He's also urged the media to leave the producer alone. Hall voiced regret in the statement that announced Clarkson's contract would not be renewed, but the BBC decided to move on. Rumors are swirling about possible replacements for Clarkson. The network says it wants to continue Top Gear in 2016 and is looking to air the rest of this season's episodes. Despite the controversy, the show has a global audience of 350 million viewers and is one of the BBC's most valuable properties. It's unclear what Clarkson's co-hosts, James May and Richard Hammond, will do, as their contracts were also reportedly up to be renewed. Other News & Notes 2016 Chevrolet Malibu hybrid charges up with Volt technology Chevrolet is taking some of the learnings and technologies from the 2016 Volt and dropping them into the reborn Malibu hybrid.