1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible on 2040-cars
Gasquet, California, United States
1966 Corvette Black matching #'s 327 300hp 4 speed, Triple Black, brand new top, interior is all original, drivers
seat has a seam split, Factory Black, has a big block hood on it, nice car, runs great, 56320 original miles, rust
free, brand new BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires/rims,
Chevrolet Corvette for Sale
1963 chevrolet corvette(US $21,070.00)
2010 chevrolet corvette sport convertible(US $17,500.00)
1962 chevrolet corvette 2 door(US $20,020.00)
1971 chevrolet corvette coupe removal hardtops(US $15,330.00)
2019 chevrolet corvette z06(US $32,581.00)
1969 chevrolet corvette convertible 427435 l89 ncrs frame off-restoration(US $27,993.00)
Auto Services in California
Windshield Repair Pro ★★★★★
Willow Springs Co. ★★★★★
Williams Glass ★★★★★
Wild Rose Motors Ltd. ★★★★★
Wheatland Smog & Repair ★★★★★
West Valley Smog ★★★★★
Auto blog
Fingers point to dragged-out NHTSA investigation after second death by ARC airbag inflator
Thu, Oct 14 2021Safety advocates have increased criticism of the federal government's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration after an exploding airbag inflator that's been under investigation for more than six years killed a second person. On Wednesday, NHTSA posted recall documents filed by General Motors that revealed the second death, the driver of a 2015 Chevrolet Traverse SUV with an inflator made by Tennessee company ARC blew apart, spewing shrapnel. No details were given about where and when the death occurred. NHTSA has said that ARC Automotive of Knoxville has manufactured about 8 million inflators used nationwide in vehicles made by General Motors, Fiat Chrysler (now Stellantis), Kia and Hyundai. “NHTSA should have been all over this along time ago,” said Rosemary Shahan, president of California-based Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety. “There's just no denying that itÂ’s a (safety) defect.” NHTSA, the agency charged with with keeping America's automobiles and roads safe, began investigating ARC inflators in July of 2015 after two people were injured by flying shrapnel. The investigation became more urgent in 2016, when a Canadian woman driving an older Hyundai Elantra was killed by metal airbag fragments. Public records show only a little progress on the probe. In April, the agency posted a memo in saying it was reviewing volumes of information it received from ARC. Safety advocates such as Shahan say that the dragged-out investigation is an example of the deadly consequences that can result from an understaffed and underfunded agency. The second death should not have happened, Shahan said, and vehicles with faulty ARC inflators should have been recalled faster. The agency, Shahan said, is “grossly underfunded," but it still should have sought recalls of the ARC inflators. She said historically NHTSA has taken little action during Republican administrations but has ramped up safety efforts when Democrats control the White House. Messages were left Wednesday by the Associated Press seeking comment from NHTSA and ARC. At this time, relatively few vehicles are effected. The GM recall covers only 550 Chevy Traverse SUVs from the 2013 through 2017 model years, as well as Buick Enclave SUVs from 2008 through 2017. The automaker said in a statement that the faulty front driver's airbag inflators were either installed at the factory or in replacement airbag modules.
No, Cadillac is not killing its flagship CT6 sedan
Sat, Jul 22 2017Mark Twain never actually said that reports of his death had been greatly exaggerated. But if the Cadillac CT6 could talk, those are the exact words it would use. Speaking to Jalopnik, Cadillac chief Johan de Nysschen confirmed, emphatically, "There is absolutely no plan, at all, to cancel the CT6." In fact, says de Nysschen, the CT6 will soon be the beneficiary of significant investment. "The [CT6] forms a very important part of our product strategy going forward for the brand. The car also has a very major contribution to make to the shaping of brand perceptions, and the transformational process that Cadillac is undergoing." For instance, expect the CT6 to spearhead General Motors' most advanced forays into self-driving automobile technology. Interestingly, though, the Cadillac ATS and CTS sedans probably won't live past their current generations as the automaker 're-balances its sedan portfolio.' Replacement models are "in development" right now, says de Nysschen, which will "much more clearly separate the market position, both in terms of target customer demographics, in terms of market segments and in terms of price points between these three sedan lineups." So, that's confirmation that the Cadillac CT6 is going to stick around for a while. But what of other models cited by Reuters to potentially be killed, like the Buick LaCrosse and Chevy Impala and Volt? Read our take on that here, but suffice it to say that we don't think they're in danger, either. Related Video: News Source: JalopnikImage Credit: VCG via Getty Plants/Manufacturing Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Electric Hybrid Luxury Sedan confirmed cadillac ct6
IIHS: High numbers of drivers treat partially automated cars as fully self-driving
Tue, Oct 11 2022WASHINGTON — Drivers using advanced driver assistance systems like Tesla Autopilot or General Motors Super Cruise often treat their vehicles as fully self-driving despite warnings, a new study has found. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), an industry funded group that prods automakers to make safer vehicles, said on Tuesday a survey found regular users of Super Cruise, Nissan/Infiniti ProPILOT Assist and Tesla Autopilot "said they were more likely to perform non-driving-related activities like eating or texting while using their partial automation systems than while driving unassisted." The IIHS study of 600 active users found 53% of Super Cruise, 42% of Autopilot and 12% of ProPILOT Assist owners "said that they were comfortable treating their vehicles as fully self-driving." About 40% of users of Autopilot and Super Cruise — two systems with lockout features for failing to pay attention — reported systems had at some point switched off while they were driving and would not reactivate. "The big-picture message here is that the early adopters of these systems still have a poor understanding of the technologyÂ’s limits," said IIHS President David Harkey. The study comes as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is scrutinizing Autopilot crashes. Since 2016, the NHTSA has opened 37 special investigations involving 18 deaths in crashes involving Tesla vehicles and where systems like Autopilot were suspected of use. Tesla did not respond to requests for comment. Tesla says Autopilot does not make vehicles autonomous and is intended for use with a fully attentive driver who is prepared to take over. GM, which in August said owners could use Super Cruise on 400,000 miles (643,740 km) of North American roads and plans to offer Super Cruise on 22 models by the end of 2023, did not immediately comment. IIHS said advertisements for Super Cruise focus on hands-free capabilities while Autopilot evokes the name used in passenger airplanes and "implies TeslaÂ’s system is more capable than it really is." IIHS in contrast noted ProPILOT Assist "suggests that itÂ’s an assistance feature, rather than a replacement for the driver." NHTSA and automakers say none of the systems make vehicles autonomous. Nissan said its name "is clearly communicating ProPILOT Assist as a system to aid the driver, and it requires hands-on operation.