1965 Chevelle 2 Door Wagon Pro Street Drag Race Tubbed on 2040-cars
Spokane, Washington, United States
Body Type:Wagon
Engine:406ci
Vehicle Title:Clear
Mileage: 0
Make: Chevrolet
Number of Cylinders: 8
Model: Chevelle
Trim: 2 door
Drive Type: rear
Chevrolet Chevelle for Sale
Auto Services in Washington
Woodinville Auto Body ★★★★★
Winning Attractions ★★★★★
Westside Car Care ★★★★★
West Seattle Aikikai ★★★★★
Wenatchee Valley Salvage ★★★★★
Washington Used Tire & Wheel ★★★★★
Auto blog
GM recalling over 243,000 crossovers over possible seat belt defect
Tue, 17 Aug 20102010 Buick Enclave - Click above for high-res image gallery
The summer of 2010's recall hit parade continues unabated today, with General Motors having just announced that it is asking 243,403 owners of its 2009-2010 Lambda crossovers to bring their three-row haulers in for inspection. The culprit? Second-row seat belts in select Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn Outlook CUVs have "failed to perform properly in a crash."
According to GM, a second-row seat-side trim piece is to blame, as it can impede the upward rotation of the buckle after the seat is folded flat. As a result, if the buckle makes contact with the seat frame, cosmetic damage can occur, potentially requiring additional force to operate the buckle properly. So far, no great shakes, but in the process of applying that additional force, the occupant may push the buckle cover down to the strap, potentially revealing and depressing the red release button. As a result of this, the belt may not latch, or in certain cases, it may actually appear to be latched when, in fact, it isn't.
Even if GM does close all 5 of those plants, it'll still have too many
Wed, Nov 28 2018DETROIT — General Motors' monumental announcement on Monday that it will close three car assembly plants and two powertrain plants in North America and slash its workforce will only partially close the gap between capacity and demand for the automaker's sedans, according to a Reuters analysis of industry production and capacity data. Sales of traditional passenger cars in North America have been declining for the past six years and are still withering. After GM ends production next year at factories in Michigan, Ohio and Ontario, it will still have four U.S. passenger-car plants — all operating at less than 50 percent of rated capacity, according to figures supplied by LMC Automotive. In comparison, Detroit-based rivals Ford and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will have one car plant each in North America after 2019. The Detroit Three are facing rapidly dwindling demand for traditional passenger cars from U.S. consumers, many of whom have shifted to crossovers and trucks. Passenger cars accounted for 48 percent of retail light-vehicle sales in the United States in 2014, according to market researchers at J.D. Power and Associates. This year, sedans will account for less than a third of light vehicle sales. That shift in turn has left most North American car plants operating far below their rated capacities, while many SUV and truck plants are running on overtime. The collapse in passenger-car demand is a challenge for nearly all automakers in the United States, including Japan's Toyota and Honda, which have the top-selling models in the compact and midsize car segments. Toyota executives said last month they are evaluating the company's U.S. model lineup. But Toyota also plans to build compact Corolla sedans at a new $1.6 billion factory it is building in Alabama with partner Mazda. The obstacles facing GM in its plans to close more auto factories became apparent on Tuesday as U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to block payment of government electric vehicle subsidies to GM. While it is not certain that Trump unilaterally has the power to do that, he made it clear he intends to use his office to pressure the company to keep open a small car plant in Ohio that GM says will stop building vehicles in March.
Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely after losing appeal
Sun, Feb 22 2015NASCAR has officially suspended Kurt Busch indefinitely after he was found in violation of two specific clauses in the stock racing rulebook, specifically "Actions detrimental to stock car racing" and a "Behavioral Penalty." Earlier in the week, the State of Delaware issued an Order of Protection from Abuse against him after a case detailing alleged domestic violence committed by Busch against his girlfriend, Patricia Driscoll, reached its conclusion. Busch and his legal team have exhausted all of their appeals options, meaning the indefinite suspension is official and final. Busch will not take part in the Daytona 500, which kicks off the 2015 NASCAR season today. Regan Smith will drive the No. 41 Stewart-Haas Chevrolet today at Daytona. It's not yet clear if Busch will face criminal charges over the domestic abuse incident. A Commissioner for Kent County in Delaware found that a "preponderance of evidence" led him to conclude that Busch did indeed commit "an act of domestic violence" against Driscoll, but that is a separate matter from the police investigation into the incident that is now in the hands of the office of the attorney general. NASCAR INDEFINITELY SUSPENDS DRIVER KURT BUSCH Daytona Beach, Fla. (Feb. 20, 2015) -- NASCAR has indefinitely suspended driver Kurt Busch for actions detrimental to stock car racing following the release today of a supplemental disposition setting forth the findings and conclusions that formed the basis for the Family Court of the State of Delaware's decision on Monday to issue an Order of Protection from Abuse against him. Busch, driver of the No. 41 car, was found to be in violation of: • Section 12.1.a: Actions detrimental to stock car racing • Section 12.8: Behavioral Penalty "Given the serious nature of the findings and conclusions made by the Commissioner of the Family Court of the State of Delaware, NASCAR has indefinitely suspended driver Kurt Busch, effective immediately. He will not be allowed to race nor participate in any NASCAR activities until further notice. "Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team are fully aware of our position and why this decision was made. We will continue to respect the process and timetable of the authorities involved." News Source: NASCAR via Nascar.comImage Credit: Maddie Meyer/Getty Celebrities Government/Legal Motorsports Chevrolet Racing Vehicles stock car racing stewart-haas racing domestic violence patricia driscoll