1972 Chevrolet C-10 on 2040-cars
San Jose, California, United States
Email me at : panchodudenhoffer781950@yahoo.com 1972 GMC Short Bed 4x4 (Last Year of this body) Here is what I know. I bought the truck from a guy in San Diego a few months ago. He says he bought it from the 2nd owner or original owner. He had the intentions to restore it, but he never did. I bought it, but I would like a Blazer of that era instead. All new brakes and a larger radiator are probably the most important items. I have attached a copy of the work done. IT DOES NOT HAVE AC.. These trucks are going up in value, and it is VERY hard to find a 4x4 Short Bed. This truck is a driver. It is not show quality, but you would NOT be embarrassed to show up in it. I get lots of compliments. It has good Patina. Please email any questions.
Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 for Sale
1987 chevrolet ck pickup 1500 custom deluxe(US $16,500.00)
1963 chevrolet c-10(US $2,800.00)
1996 chevrolet c/k pickup 3500 silverado(US $2,900.00)
1967 chevrolet c-10(US $2,550.00)
1973 chevrolet c-10(US $2,900.00)
1986 chevrolet c-10 scottsdale(US $2,900.00)
Auto Services in California
Woody`s Auto Body and Paint ★★★★★
Westside Auto Repair ★★★★★
West Coast Auto Body ★★★★★
Webb`s Auto & Truck ★★★★★
VRC Auto Repair ★★★★★
Visions Automotive Glass ★★★★★
Auto blog
GM won't pay owners of recalled cars for lost value
Thu, 12 Jun 2014Kenneth Feinberg, the man in charge of the General Motors compensation fund dealing with the its widespread ignition switch woes, has issued an informal, two-letter response to the plaintiffs in more than 70 lawsuits seeking redress for lost resale value of their Cobalts: "No." The cases were recently combined into one, but Feinberg told The Detroit News that the fund will deal "only with death and physical injury claims," and that "perceived diminished value" will get no consideration.
ALG, the firm specializing in establishing residual values, determined that Cobalt owners had lost $300 compared to the segment competition and doesn't envision any long-term effects from the recall situation. Feinberg's statement comes in advance of public details on how the compensation fund will work and adheres to GM's long-held position on the matter. The company has already asked a judge to throw out such suits using the pre-bankruptcy defense, even as it stopped using that defense in cases of injury and death.
With plenty of potential gain from the GM suit, however, don't expect the plaintiffs to give up yet. When Toyota was sued for the same reason during the unintended acceleration debacle, it eventually settled the case for between $1 billion and $1.4 billion just to get it over with. Since the 85 law firms involved in the Toyota litigation took home more than $250 million of that total, we shouldn't expect the attorneys to give up on a GM payout, either.
How Chevy used popular Instagram user to promote 2016 Volt
Thu, Feb 26 2015A picture is worth a thousand words. When it comes to Chevrolet and its Volt extended-range plug-in, the automaker is hoping pictures can be turned into a few more buyers. The company extended a little love to one popular social-media practitioner to see if the trick works. Former biochemical engineer Kevin Lu started his Instagram account a couple of years ago during a road trip, and the quality of his shots has attracted about 181,000 followers. With that popularity in mind, Chevy brought Lu up to Detroit to check out the unveiling of the next-generation Volt at the Detroit Auto Show last month. Lu also got to see the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly factory where the Volt is built, Automotive News reports. As for the next-gen Volt, Chevy says a more efficient powertrain and lighter battery help give the car an all-electric range of up to 50 miles and a total driving distance of more than 400 miles. Chevy also touts the model's streamlined grille and (tight) seating for three in the rear. General Motors hopes a combination of those improvements and exposure from sources such as Lu and his Instagram account (and some sleepy ads, apparently) revitalize sales of the model. Last year, Volt sales fell 19 percent to 18,805 units. Related Videos: News Source: Automotive News-sub.req. via GM AuthorityImage Credit: Kevin Lu/Instagram Green Detroit Auto Show Chevrolet Detroit extended-range plug-in instagram
NHTSA, IIHS, and 20 automakers to make auto braking standard by 2022
Thu, Mar 17 2016The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and virtually every automaker in the US domestic market have announced a pact to make automatic emergency braking standard by 2022. Here's the full rundown of companies involved: BMW, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo (not to mention the brands that fall under each automaker's respective umbrella). Like we reported yesterday, AEB will be as ubiquitous in the future as traction and stability control are today. But the thing to note here is that this is not a governmental mandate. It's truly an agreement between automakers and the government, a fact that NHTSA claims will lead to widespread adoption three years sooner than a formal rule. That fact in itself should prevent up to 28,000 crashes and 12,000 injuries. The agreement will come into effect in two waves. For the majority of vehicles on the road – those with gross vehicle weights below 8,500 pounds – AEB will need to be standard equipment by September 1, 2022. Vehicles between 8,501 and 10,000 pounds will have an extra three years to offer AEB. "It's an exciting time for vehicle safety. By proactively making emergency braking systems standard equipment on their vehicles, these 20 automakers will help prevent thousands of crashes and save lives," said Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx said in an official statement. "It's a win for safety and a win for consumers." Read on for the official press release from NHTSA. Related Video: U.S. DOT and IIHS announce historic commitment of 20 automakers to make automatic emergency braking standard on new vehicles McLEAN, Va. – The U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety announced today a historic commitment by 20 automakers representing more than 99 percent of the U.S. auto market to make automatic emergency braking a standard feature on virtually all new cars no later than NHTSA's 2022 reporting year, which begins Sept 1, 2022. Automakers making the commitment are Audi, BMW, FCA US LLC, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kia, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Tesla Motors Inc., Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo Car USA.